Skyui not working

zaine101

Hey my skyui is not working this is what it said. The Skyrim script extender (skse64) is not running. Skyui will not work correctly! This message they also appear if a new Skyrim patch has been released in this case wait until skse64 has been updated then install the new version

I'm really confused why this is not working because I've been seeing people use the game flawlessly with such mods installed I'm I doing something wrong

Means you havent installed it correctly.For the current game version 1.5.80 you need to download 64 bit skse 2.0.16.

Copy these 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition Folder :

skse64_1_5_80.dll /skse64_loader/skse64_steam_loader.dll

Copy and paste all of the compiled scripts(PEX) into the data/scripts folder of the game.You dont need any of the other stuff.

Create a shortcut to skse_64loader and use that to start the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the same error message. I used the Vortex instructions to have Vortex manage the SKSE .pex files as a mod and the last mod in my list is Scripts.skse64, but I have no way of telling if there is anything in there. Is there any harm in adding the .pex files manuallly into the Data/Scripts file? Will this conflict with the Vortex Scripts.skse64 mod (which shows no version #, or category?) Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I followed kryten397's advice and copied the SKSE files directly to the Data/Scripts file and Skyui is not giving the error message. Either I screwed up the Vortex instructions to make them a mod, or they weren't in the Vortex file after I archived and moved them to the Vortex drop box. Not sure what is in the modded file, or how to check it. Regardless, the files are now in the Data/Scripts file. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

I installed it exactly how you've told me and that's usually how I do it every single time in all the years that I've installed it but skyui just does not refuse to work I've installed it to the letter manually I just started having these problems after Nexus force me to get vortex

I installed it exactly how you've told me and that's usually how I do it every single time in all the years that I've installed it but skyui just does not refuse to work I've installed it to the letter manually I just started having these problems after Nexus force me to get vortex but I can retry it and see if it works should I do a fresh install of all my skyrim files ?

I installed it exactly how you've told me and that's usually how I do it every single time in all the years that I've installed it but skyui just does not refuse to work I've installed it to the letter manually I just started having these problems after Nexus force me to get vortex script extender was not giving me any errors I ran the game before I installed skyui wasn't getting any scripting errors as soon as I installed it they gave me that error. but I can retry it and see if it works should I do a fresh install of all my skyrim files ?

• 3 months later...

Means you havent installed it correctly.For the current game version 1.5.80 you need to download 64 bit skse 2.0.16.

Copy these 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition Folder :

skse64_1_5_80.dll /skse64_loader/skse64_steam_loader.dll

Copy and paste all of the compiled scripts(PEX) into the data/scripts folder of the game.You dont need any of the other stuff.

Create a shortcut to skse_64loader and use that to start the game.

Worked for me, except I couldnt copy the PEX files into the scripts folder, but it still worked.

Fixed the SKYUI loading delays and shows icons now.

Brilliant Mod.

Worked for me, except I couldnt copy the PEX files into the scripts folder, but it still worked.

If you don't copy the PEX scripts into the correct folder, then some SKSE mods won't work. What do you mean you couldn't copy the files? You literally just copy files to the Data\Scripts folder (create the folder if it doesn't exist).