Fallout new vegas Bug (hanging or floating corpses)

Zahriis

I see you're using Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod.

The issue is caused by one animation file in that mod. Go to, meshes > characters > _male folder and delete 1hpequip.kf.

That should fix it.

This guy fiixed my problem xD thanks kicho, and thx everyone too, but removing that archive wouldn't limit anything in the mod?

Excellent !!

Outstanding !!

limitations in diagnostics are completely up to the users data base, unless you get someone whom had the same issue come along and nail it for you.

It's great !

The issue is caused by one animation file in that mod. Go to, meshes > characters > _male folder and delete 1hpequip.kf.

That should fix it.

This guy fiixed my problem xD thanks kicho, and thx everyone too, but removing that archive wouldn't limit anything in the mod?

KiCHo666 was saying to remove a single "mod added" file (Data\meshes\characters\_male\1hpequip.kf). Not the entire WMIM mod.

"Loose Files" with the same name added by a mod to the "Data" folder (after "ArchiveInvalidation" (AI) is toggled) are used instead of those originally packed into the game BSA file. If you remove an added file, the game just uses the original file in the BSA. But you still need to toggle AI so it knows it needs to update it's list of replacements or it will complain the "loose file" is missing.

And "thank you" for reporting back that worked. It's a new solution for the forum, so the confirmation is needed.

Kudos to KiCHo666 for identifying the cause and fix.

-Dubious-

• 2 weeks later...

That should fix it.

KiCHo666 was saying to remove a single "mod added" file (Data\meshes\characters\_male\1hpequip.kf). Not the entire WMIM mod.

"Loose Files" with the same name added by a mod to the "Data" folder (after "ArchiveInvalidation" (AI) is toggled) are used instead of those originally packed into the game BSA file. If you remove an added file, the game just uses the original file in the BSA. But you still need to toggle AI so it knows it needs to update it's list of replacements or it will complain the "loose file" is missing.

And "thank you" for reporting back that worked. It's a new solution for the forum, so the confirmation is needed.

Kudos to KiCHo666 for identifying the cause and fix.

-Dubious-

Well, its fixed for me, I can confirm that I tested with the mercenaries at novac, when I removed the file from the mod as KiCho said, the novac mercenaries no longer started floating (novac mercenaries always floated for me), been playing and haven't seen any floating corpses anymore, if I see a problem related to this I will come back, but its looking good so far! thx