ENB loading and general loading issues

MCX01

I am playing around with ENB for the first time since I got a new rig and wanted to see Skyrim SE in all its graphical glory, but!

Ive ran into a issue. When ever I boot up Skyrim SE I get a black screen where it say something on the lines "Loading shaders, wait. If it takes too long change the Shadercache to false and graphic card shader to on" I did so and nothing changed.

I posted on the enb page and the modder said I needed to give it time. I did. I waited for 10Min and stuck on a black screen with the above mentioned message. I dabbled around a little and I managed to make it to the title screen where the Skyrim Logo will come up, but then it gets stuck ina weird loading screen with a animated loading "wheel"? in the bottom right corner ref; Image.

I have mods installed, but its not seriously high impact mods. and whenever I boot upo Skyrim normal without any enb I get to the title screen right away without issues.

Anyone experience something like this? or have a possible fix?

I don't think reinstalling everything from scratch would help. This approach is useful (and sometimes necessary) if you experience mod related issues (CTDs, bugs etc.).

If your game runs fine without an ENB, the problem is most likely the ENB. Maybe the preset isn't installed correctly.

Since you're a first time user, doublecheck if you installed the ENB preset correctly. If needed, google for a tutorial. There are several good ones on youtube. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the ENB.

Also try a different ENB preset and see, if it makes any difference.

For uninstalling / reinstalling ENBs, there's this wonderful tool:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4143

It is designed to let you switch easily between different ENB/Reshade setups. But its "remove" function can also be "abused" as a tool to easily clean up leftovers from previously installed ENBs

EDIT: A lot of the current ENB presets use an adiitional plugin called "ENB helper". Check the installation instructions of your ENB preset, if this plugin is required. If an ENB presets needs this plugin and can't find it, infinite ENB loading times can occur.