computer viability?

Probably run SE pretty well, as for the others, no clue on that. Don't know enough about them.

I really don't care for 1tb HDD's though. They are notoriously slow, and unreliable. (unless you spend serious money on the drive.) I run a 250gb SSD for the O/S, and other programs, and have a 500gb SSD for games. I really like the performance improvement ya get from the SSD.... Which is why ALL the computers in my house now run solely ssd drives.

Well, the system hardware would indicate strong performance for game engines that rely on fast single core performance like Bethesda games but also has the benefit of the six cores with a large amount of cache.

The company is very hit or miss though. It might be be good to research a bit more and find similar specs but from a more consistent company. I do agree with HeyYou on use of SSDs. It will likely be more advantageous to find a system with 512gb SSD as the main drive without a mechanical drive with a similar budget if that is your concern.

I'd bet the SSD is used as a boot disk only. You would want to put your games on the HDD. The difference in read speeds looks impressive (between SSD and HDD (ChrystalDiskMark says ~500 MB/s vs ~180 MB/s), but has only a minor impact on SSE loading screens. If the mobo allows, try adding an M.2. with (~1800 MB/s read speed) That is 10x the HDD read speed - it might cut the loading screen time by 50%. Couldn't find any info on the IBuyPower mobo, so taking a chance there.

RAM bandwidth matters too, and "substantial high bandwidth" is not a specification that provides a lot of quality assurance.

Squad is about 4 years old, so its a good bet its a single core game, and would not take advantage of the multicore (6core 6 thread) of the 9700F. The i5-9700F runs at 2.9 GHz compared say to an AMD R5 3600 (6core 12 thread) at 3.6 GHz, so there are faster CPUs sold today at roughly the same price. SSE will benefit most from the RTX 2060's speed, and with more than 4 GB video memory running at GDDR5/GDDR6 (a budget build probably has the GDDR5) is better than the minimum. SSE will use as much video memory as you give it, so 8 GB cards would do even better.

Having said all that, I agree with the previous posters; that BestBuy rig looks like it will run a modded SSE game very nicely, and probably at a cheaper price than you could build one without going to second hand parts.

Edited by Tower01