Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #75813158.

seriosam12 wrote: why do we have these obnoxious download "slow" and "premium" buttons? i swear this site looks like one of those scammy fileshares that beg for money at every step, we all know already about the premium features stop shoving it into our faces, it takes too much time to navigate now.

This.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #75131633.

KnightShadePrime wrote: MORE WORK IS NEEDED

Just off the top of my head:

I reiterate the earlier poster's comment about not using my full screen width. Over half my screen is just the background picture.
Download history should at least list the game it was for with all the other information.
Search by category shouldn't be a refinement of a completed search, it should be a main type.
On individual mod screens, the user last downloaded date info should be right next to the last uploaded info.

I mention all this here because I'm not sure where would be more appropriate.

This. I don't understand why a lot of web pages nowadays look like designs that were modern in the 1980's (which had fixed fonts, fixed width). I feel I have to turn my screen by 90° to use the page. Is this the way it was intended ? Please make the page again modern with adaption to the size of the web browser. Currently it is
a) part of a background picture
b) larger or smaller grey part depending on zoom level
c) Text area
d) larger or smaller grey part depending on zoom level
e) part of a background picture
f) Minor: Even on high zoom level no vertical bar
h) elements on the page disappearing on higher zoom level Edited by ssuamier

In response to post #75813158. #75856613 is also a reply to the same post.

seriosam12 wrote: why do we have these obnoxious download "slow" and "premium" buttons? i swear this site looks like one of those scammy fileshares that beg for money at every step, we all know already about the premium features stop shoving it into our faces, it takes too much time to navigate now.
coolguyjack wrote: This.

This is awful, and to hell with the Community Manager that says it's unrelated. It's a site change with no place to put feedback.

Guest deleted34304850

you are aware, aren't you, that you're providing feedback, in a forum that is under the feedback area of the website?

Too much egg nog mayhap?

In response to post #75813158. #75856613, #75987903 are all replies on the same post.

coolguyjack wrote: This.
waswar1 wrote: This is awful, and to hell with the Community Manager that says it's unrelated. It's a site change with no place to put feedback.

I honestly already thought that I got, at some point redirected to a scam version of Nexus when I saw those slow/fast download buttons.

I didn't have a clue there was this big overhaul going on. I only noticed some changes and additions. Had been away for some months so maybe that's why I missed a few notifications. Overall, I like what you did. Things act a bit sluggish at times, meaning that the speed of the roll-out/roll-down menus isn't that great but that's because being adapted to using mods that speed-up stuff, I guess.

Only thing I personally find 'unsatisfactory' is the amount of favourite games. That should be at least a hundred *cough*. Well, maybe twenty-five or so. Personally I don't need a ribbon menu with all the covers of the games. A roll-out menu with an alphabetical list would suffice. But that's just a minor thing. I keep bookmarks to the relevant games in Chrome anyway.

A job well done, me thinks :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...