Player Home Pools - strip / redress gone wrong - how to fix?

BlueGunk

One for scripters and modders!

I have two followers (vanilla system, using NFF) who used a pool upstairs in the house: Peregrine Highwatch HFX.

The pool strip script took their clothes, but glitched and did not redress them. I cannot now get them back in their clothes because

a) the original clothes they wore have vanished - held 'in the system' by the glitch. They are not in their inventory even if I use the console to check.

b) replacement clothes will be stripped off after a few minutes because they are in the "stripped for swimming" state (I assume a cast spell effect).

c) the usual disable / enable, recycleactor (etc) does not work because it's a spell effect from another source. Also, the effect is baked into the game save.

I have waited and waited for the glitch to resolve itself, like upon pool re-use or something. These followers are currently of little use in their glitched state.

I have asked the author of PH house for help, but this has happened to me before in a play-through, at Elysium Estate, rendering a follower (Faye) unusable. So it is a wider issue.

Help - please! Does anyone know how this script works? Perhaps I need a spell that casts the "redress" script on glitched NPCs?

Update: I've managed to look at one of the original resources on the strip/redress scripts used, and I'm guessing what I need is a little spell that I can cast upon the affected actor that causes the script to run and fix the actor's state.

I think what has happened is the box outside the pool did not trigger the script to re-dress. and the undressed state is a cast spell effect, so it's going to interfere with whatever I do.

But would making a spell, casting it to run the script work? Is there a universal "redress" script that would work in the house, or has the Peregrine House script get to be the one?

I've tried to Google it but no luck. I believe the strip/redress is a kind of "sub-routine" that can be put into mods but I do not know how it works, or who wrote it.

Surely this has happened to other modders / mod users? I can't be the only one to have this happen?

I hope someone can help!

Thank you! :cool:

Well, that's a bit concerning. I just installed Peregrine Highwatch the other day. Was hoping for a large domicile that actually worked (unlike my otherwise beloved underground bathhouse right next door, where you can't store anything)

However, one of my followers did use one of the pools (the one on the mid level balcony below the master bedroom), and she re-clothed just fine, (as did my player character), so I'm not sure that is your problem. It sound like there's something more going on. (could be wrong about that, but that's my first impression)

Normally, the auto-strip function simply de-equips weapons and clothing. It doesn't *take* anything.

Possibly a conflict with another mod like BOSSE or Manipulator (etc) or your follower management (I use AFT for follower management, fwiw)

Hmm... on a lark... you might want to check "them new-fangled cloud storage jugs". Who knows, maybe something kooky is going on there and it's transferring their clothing to storage?

Oh... I had one more thought. Do you dump a bunch of clothing/armor into their inventory and allow them to decide for themselves what to wear, or are you someone who picks all the stuff they get to wear? I do the former. They just get a few different sets of stuff (ideally fitted for their body type) and can pick choose whichever pieces they "prefer" (surprisingly, sometimes they pick items of lower armor value almost as if they were doing so for fashion's sake, even if that would be pretty much impossible in reality... I think...)

So anyway, all babble aside, what I'm getting at is that *some follower armor management (AFT for one, I believe, unless I have some other mod that's providing that facility...) uses armor in *your inventory to dress them when you "force dress" followers (That is, when you tell them "you'd like them to wear this") . When it comes off it's back in *your inventory, since it was never really in their inventory in the first place. SO.... if you do dress your followers, you might check your own inventory, just to make sure.