please help! nick valentine stuck in dialog loop!

MamaMangle

hey guys..

I write this on the verge of tears from frustration and just pent up rage ready to erupt in a Nuka grenade style explosion. :wallbash:

I have quite a modded game and I have the nick valentine romance mod. I didn't have this issue on my first playthrough and when forced to restart, now i'm having this issue.

basically, we completed long time coming, but nick is stuck at Jenny's death site and just keeps repeating "if it weren't for you, eddie'd still be at large.." and I have to sit through his entire monologue over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I've tried reloading and starting the quest again. I've tried using the console to complete the quest because the "follow nick" wouldn't go away and like I said he was stuck there in the same dialog. I've tried recycling actor, that didn't work..

I'm ..can somebody please help?? Nick is my baby and I don't want to travel or even play the game unless he can share it with me :(

I have a video, im not sure how I'd go about showing it but I have one lol

hey guys..

I write this on the verge of tears from frustration and just pent up rage ready to erupt in a Nuka grenade style explosion. :wallbash:

I have quite a modded game and I have the nick valentine romance mod. I didn't have this issue on my first playthrough and when forced to restart, now i'm having this issue.

basically, we completed long time coming, but nick is stuck at Jenny's death site and just keeps repeating "if it weren't for you, eddie'd still be at large.." and I have to sit through his entire monologue over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I've tried reloading and starting the quest again. I've tried using the console to complete the quest because the "follow nick" wouldn't go away and like I said he was stuck there in the same dialog. I've tried recycling actor, that didn't work..

I'm ..can somebody please help?? Nick is my baby and I don't want to travel or even play the game unless he can share it with me :sad:

I have a video, im not sure how I'd go about showing it but I have one lol

Either you have a cell conflict or another mod is effecting his dialog tree's.

use xedit FO4 edit to scan across the dialog tree's and see what other mod touches those lines.

Dun type console commands to change companion unless necessary. (Quote: "I've tried recycling actor, that didn't work")

1. Reload any save before Nick's affinity quest ending (hunting down Eddie Winter).

2. Make sure you dun rush forward anything.

3. Be patient.

4. If Nick is not reacting to stuff, just type "00002f25.moveto player" (without the inverted commas).

5. He will take his sweet time, before half kneeling down and reflecting on the real Nick Valentine and his own past.

6. He will thank you (player) for helping him out.

7. Don't skip any of his conversations.

The crucial part is step 1 (please check back on your previous save), and remember to check Eddie Winter for an unique weapon, I miss that in my first three playthroughs in 2015 and 2016.

You may need step 4 (because most players install the "Unlimited Companion Framework" and this cause some troubles for Nick Valentine as he is unable to travel to that exact spot for the quest ending).

Edited by leisuresuitberry

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you are still in the loop, but I thought I would mention what worked for me. I had to rearrange the Nick Valentine romance mod load order to get it going, it needs to be moved to the bottom, but just before the scrap everything in settlements mod; that one always has to be at the bottom. After you do that, let it register, shut down game and turn back on.

Edited by alexiwing