Which VR System works best for Skyrim VR?

kekzoom

I was considering getting a VR system primarily for Skyrim VR.

I've been researching VR headsets and it seems like there are a good amount of them to choose from and steam and Skyrim both

work with different VR systems but are touchy about which they use.

The most I've been hearing about is Occulus Rift and Vive VR

I've modded both Skyrim Legendary and Skyrim SE, so I realize how buggy modding can be and since Skyrim VR can

be touchy, I'd like to go with the most preferred system on Nexus.

So would any of you guys like to point me and whoever else is considering the same situation in the right direction? :3

Also I'd like to hear what VR you just prefer and how you go about modding Skryim VR seeing as how it's a whole new

style of playing Skyrim and it's been out for a little while now.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trouble is most only own one VR headset so can only recommend what they have, personally I've owned the rift and the vive over the past few years and from my own experience I prefer the Vive, (waiting on parts to mod mine to use the Gear VR lens for a much better image) from my own experience I can say the vive wins hands down in tracking you can see for yourself in some VR videos on youtube where they use the rift on beat saber and they get the odd floating hand because the rift hasn't picked it up correctly.. the only time I've had that issue with Vive is when the sun shines directly in the room or the wife has opened the cupboard and one of the lighthouses gets blocked.

Skyrim VR I have 87 mods enabled so far, a lot of the SE mods will work fine all the graphical ones I use in SE installed and work problem free. animation mods work fine to just make sure you use FNIS VR same with the other tools papyrus VR etc. But it will also come down to your system as with most games with mods. more you use the better your system will need to be and for VR its extra strain. I built my system with modding and VR in mind, with intel i9, 32GB ram and a RTX2080TI and so far I've not had any problems with a modded skyrim VR running 4k textures i installed from my se downloads.