What is your hobby?

Onfayno

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small sailboat I like to take out on the Chesapeake Bay whenever I am up north,

Painting and Drawing.

Cooking

I'm a master level Lucid Dreamer, so I do love my adventures in the Night Kitchen..

I spend most of my time in Florida these days.. I wanted to start using a metal detector on the beach.. Perhaps I'll start that next year

Looking at the things other people have invented

to see if I need what they made will help me,

to see if I can make my own from the parts around the shop,

and if I can't find what I need from their inventions and intellect

my hobby is to invent what I need to get what is necessary

so I can live through another day.

I have a small sailboat I like to take out on the Chesapeake Bay whenever I am up north,

Painting and Drawing.

Cooking

I'm a master level Lucid Dreamer, so I do love my adventures in the Night Kitchen..

I spend most of my time in Florida these days.. I wanted to start using a metal detector on the beach.. Perhaps I'll start that next year

Perhaps you have seen the post I made regarding my "old girl". She's sitting on the hard on the south shore of the North Channel of Lake Huron, about an eight hour travel from the Striker Manor (go north old man, go north!!). Sadly it seems likely that there will be no boating season for me this summer (unless this COVID19 situation makes an abrupt turn for the better). She's shrinkwrapped (mast down storage for me, so make that properly shrinkwrapped) so a summer spent "sailing the hard" won't hurt her.

I have the hatchboards, screens and cockpit seat hatches home with me so by the time the old girl and I are reunited their varnish will be as close to Bristol as they can get (most certainly not Hinckley standards though).

My best of all my marina friends live in Port St Lucie and normally make the long drive north each summer, stopping to visit family on the way north. It will be disappointing to not have the chance to see them this summer.

Normaly the lawnmower and I only get a passing acquaintance in the spring and fall (the shoulder seasons) ... I have a fellow here that takes over for the summer. Looks like I'll be "available" to chase my own lawnmower around the yard (oh joy, oh joy ... be still my heart).

The situation ... a family drive through the COVID19 wilderness.

The setup ... the family has pulled out of the driveway and made it almost to the end of the block.

From the back seat ... "Are we there yet??"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Painting and Drawing.

Cooking

Perhaps you have seen the post I made regarding my "old girl". She's sitting on the hard on the south shore of the North Channel of Lake Huron, about an eight hour travel from the Striker Manor (go north old man, go north!!). Sadly it seems likely that there will be no boating season for me this summer (unless this COVID19 situation makes an abrupt turn for the better). She's shrinkwrapped (mast down storage for me, so make that properly shrinkwrapped) so a summer spent "sailing the hard" won't hurt her.

I have the hatchboards, screens and cockpit seat hatches home with me so by the time the old girl and I are reunited their varnish will be as close to Bristol as they can get (most certainly not Hinckley standards though).

My best of all my marina friends live in Port St Lucie and normally make the long drive north each summer, stopping to visit family on the way north. It will be disappointing to not have the chance to see them this summer.

Normaly the lawnmower and I only get a passing acquaintance in the spring and fall (the shoulder seasons) ... I have a fellow here that takes over for the summer. Looks like I'll be "available" to chase my own lawnmower around the yard (oh joy, oh joy ... be still my heart).

The setup ... the family has pulled out of the driveway and made it almost to the end of the block.

Curious, is the location of your boat (if I read correctly) therefore at the tip of the lower peninsula (Mackinaw Bridge area) ?

I'm in SE Michigan, done quite a few trips up there, along with some canoeing here and there. Very pretty area up there.

As for my current (and growing) hobbies:

I am fortunate enough to live near a nice rail-to-trail trail, and there is some good relaxing biking there. Getting back to doing some more outdoor stuff has been a growing inclination.

Lastly on my list, but still good, has been some light Skyrim modding (well actually tutorial stuff right now lol), and hoping to do a little Lotro gaming if the dang interest would return some more.

Edited by sornan

Painting and Drawing.

Cooking

Curious, is the location of your boat (if I read correctly) therefore at the tip of the lower peninsula (Mackinaw Bridge area) ?

I'm in SE Michigan, done quite a few trips up there, along with some canoeing here and there. Very pretty area up there.

I am fortunate enough to live near a nice rail-to-trail trail, and there is some good relaxing biking there. Getting back to doing some more outdoor stuff has been a growing inclination.

Lastly on my list, but still good, has been some light Skyrim modding (well actually tutorial stuff right now lol), and hoping to do a little Lotro gaming if the dang interest would return some more.

The North Channel.

Right now the boat is on the hard in Gore Bay where I would normally sail out of, and primarily for the past ten years I cruise along the north shore of the North Channel. Actually the area of the Mackinaw Straits is the only part of Lake Huron the old girl hasn't taken me. Her first owner sailed Lake Ontario, the next two were both Lake Huron sailers and I've gone from Cedar Point (Sandusky Ohio) to Thunder Bay in the old girl (she's a bit of a "go anywhere" girl).

The North Channel.

Right now the boat is on the hard in Gore Bay where I would normally sail out of, and primarily for the past ten years I cruise along the north shore of the North Channel. Actually the area of the Mackinaw Straits is the only part of Lake Huron the old girl hasn't taken me. Her first owner sailed Lake Ontario, the next two were both Lake Huron sailers and I've gone from Cedar Point (Sandusky Ohio) to Thunder Bay in the old girl (she's a bit of a "go anywhere" girl).

I looked up the North Channel, didn't know exactly where that was on lake Huron.

Those are quite beautiful pictures of the area there in Ontario, must be a very nice area to do boating.

You mentioned visiting Thunder Bay, pretty cool, I've done a few trips to Tobermory in Canada, a very pristine and beautiful place. The town also has the best fried whitefish I've ever had.

Edited by sornan