Sped up voice for Hermaeus Mora

mauvecloud

The default voice for Hermaeus Mora is so slow it makes me sleepy, and a Google search indicates I'm not the only one. Some have speculated that the voice actor was speaking on the inhale, but I've done that myself (albeit many years ago), and I don't think it sounds right for that. I find it easier to believe the audio was slowed down from the original recording, so doing the opposite might help.

I found the mods "Another Daedric Voices" and "Creepier Daedric Princes", but listening to the previews of the modified Hermaeus Mora voice, I don't think they're really what I'm looking for. If there's some other existing mod that does what I want but has an obscure title, feel free to tell me about it.

I suppose I could try to do this myself, but I'm not sure where to find the right files, or what software tools I need.

convert the fuz file to wav

Your reply might have been slightly more helpful if you'd provided a link to a utility for doing this part (or at least the name of one) :) , but fortunately I'd already found one.

Unfuzer CPP Edition, in case anyone else is interested.

After chipmunking the audio files to 1.5x speed, I might have been mistaken about how the default voice files were done, but it does seem to reduce the sleep-inducing effect. I'm going to test a little more before I post it on the Nexus.

• 10 months later...

I didn't feel like making a mod page for this, but I thought I'd at least post a link to the file on Google Drive or something once I'd made sure speeding up the audio was enough to be allowed on the Nexus, but just now I looked in the "Audio - Voice" category, and I see somebody else already put up a more expansive mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32459