Nationality

DaGawdfadda

XComGame/Config/DefaultContent

About half way down:

Flags=(Country=eCountry_USA, U=0.0, V=0.0)

etc

If you want soldiers only from one country find its U/V values and change the U/V for the rest of the countries to the one you want. You can also obviously have two or three countries by applying the changes to half/third etc.

Example:

Canada, U=0.75, V=0.375 so if I change USA to USA, U=0.75, V=0.375 than all spawned American Soldiers will have Canadian Flags on their backs.

This only works on New Starts and I havent seen if it changes the flags in the Situation Room yet. I also didnt edit the names cause I imagine the game references those so if it looks for eCountry_USA and its missing it might crash

If it can be found out where U/V values are stored and if we can add to them, it could be possible to add in new countries for soldiers.

Update: Works on saves but unless your save is in combat you wont be able to see because it only changes the flags on their backs. In the Barracks it still shows their originals...back to the drawing board for a bit. I also tried to delete all other entries and regardless of which entries you keep it defaults to USA flags.

Edited by DaGawdfadda

Thats weird. I'm using Steam and didnt need todo anything to get it to acknowledge that change. However other things I've tried (like changing starting soldiers amount (from 12-99) and cost of Soldier Recruitment it hasnt accepted.

There is a refernce to [XComGame.XGCharacterGenerator] Documents/My Games/XCOM-Enemy Unknown/XComGame/Config/XComNameList that I believe might be key to opening up soldier customization.

In that same folder you can find XComContent and it will have the same list (Flags=...) and you can make the changes in there as mine are changed.