My mod crashing when approaching some spot in the cell

Andyno

As the title says, my mod is crashing everytime I approach the same spot in specific cell. I tried to check for errors in FO3Edit - no luck. I also tinkered with the spot in GECK - no luck either.

The crash occurs when I approach the very last hallway at the top of the stairs. Sometimes it crashes also at the stairs...

What is even more interesting is that one user in the thread... https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15586?tab=posts ... is stating the same problem, but in the freezer section, which works fine for me, even though I have a suspicion that both problems are related...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

When did this problem start happening for you ?

Cuz given your long history of creating the mod , and I assume you never saw it happen way back when ???

I would guess it is related to some kind of update , which doesn't play nice with one of your custom models ??? Hard to say exactly the logistics.

But the fix would be to pin point the model , and change / remove it.

That is just a guess though ... sorry best I got :/

Nice to see ya Andyno ;)

As the title says, my mod is crashing everytime I approach the same spot in specific cell. I tried to check for errors in FO3Edit - no luck. I also tinkered with the spot in GECK - no luck either.

The crash occurs when I approach the very last hallway at the top of the stairs. Sometimes it crashes also at the stairs...

What is even more interesting is that one user in the thread... https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15586?tab=posts ... is stating the same problem, but in the freezer section, which works fine for me, even though I have a suspicion that both problems are related...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

which versions shows the issue cuz I need to know exactly where I need to look.

Be very specific.

Kitty

found the bugs

BRB

2019-10-03.png

So tell me, do you know what happens when the load orders are messed up?

Your choices are this , fix it with fo3edit and hope the data will work right? or rebuilt this master from scratch with the correct binary interactions in line.

Other peoples load orders and all tools that currently sort the masters are not in this order so, yeah, your gonna get complaints.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

found the bugs

BRB

2019-10-03.png

Your choices are this , fix it with fo3edit and hope the data will work right? or rebuilt this master from scratch with the correct binary interactions in line.

Other peoples load orders and all tools that currently sort the masters are not in this order so, yeah, your gonna get complaints.

Kitty Black

So it is from "Broken Steel" Being out of order ? And how the heck would that happen ?

Guessing from adding it later after creating the file ???

Can't believe I never noticed that after loading it so many times.

Now this is just a guess ( will have to wait for Andyno to verify ) but I think the actual file doesn't really use stuff from all of those DLC's. So would it be possible to remove the un needed masters ? Best case scenario ... Broken Steel not needed.

look closer at the picture, it's not BS, it's anchorage and the Pitt that's out of order.

No it's a a risky proposition to resort the masters, and this is a master file. once built you can't change things, it requires a rebuild, that's why we encapsulate sections and merge them so it makes it easier to re-due if you mess up.

The geck spits out *.esp not *.esm's

When did this problem start happening for you ?

Cuz given your long history of creating the mod , and I assume you never saw it happen way back when ???

Well, here's some explanation: Since I'm kinda bored (and also because my mod is not very popular :laugh:) I decided to make a gameplay trailer for it. It's a whole new experience for me, and it requires... well... playing the whole mod, which I never did, since I think it's somehow weird to play my own stuff... So now I found a bunch of errors here and there. Some (mostly cosmetic) are very easy to fix, but some are nasty and gamebreaking. This is one of them.

BTW, I forgot to mention one important thing: the cell is BlackMesa08 (Administration 2). Sorry about that... It's kinda easy to get to that specific spot - from the left of the cafeteria there's a door that leads to previously mentioned stairs.

Yes, I know. That's why I load my mod always in the last possible position.

Absolutely don't have an idea what you're talking about. What do you mean "build from scratch"?

Now this is just a guess ( will have to wait for Andyno to verify ) but I think the actual file doesn't really use stuff from all of those DLC's. So would it be possible to remove the un needed masters ? Best case scenario ... Broken Steel not needed.

Not true. In this specific cell, and many others, I used Feral Ghoul Reaver, which was added in Broken Steel DLC, as far as I know.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions?

ok, now that reached that spot and seen what takes place, it's a rash to desktop. not a freeze.

last 3 steps. Very top stair case.

EDIT:

Ok I fixed the mod version V0.2 esp.

the master file had too much work requiring too many things to fix. So I chose the last esp file in my spare time. Ran the mod all the way through till I ran out of places to go in it.

I'm sure the esm version is as close but you need to not put too many small objects concentrated into such small areas. The Entire hallway needed to be removed and the elevator door brought forward to the opening where the hallway started. now it works fine.

If you want the package, I have it on my private server for you .just claim it.

I need to move on to other mods I am working on for others. but, your good to go now.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

If you look at my other cells, you find out that they are much more complex and contain much more objects than this relatively small cell. And they work just fine, so I don't think it's related to this problem. You just probably deleted ONE specific object that caused this problem, and now it's fine. Right, now to find out what object it is... Removing the whole part of a cell I'm not considering as a solution.