Concerning injected leveled list

NarseGC

I am using a few weapon mods. They are all good but only their spawn rate are too high which kinda breaking my immersion. Unfortunately these mods use script to injected the weapon into the leveled list. I'd like to know whether there is a way to remove them from the leveled list to prevent them from spawn without start a fresh new game?

it is indeed possible to remove them from the leveled lists, regardless of what method is used.

can you link me to said mods, i will then explore them, and i will then tell you what to look for, to achieve your goal.

upon removing them you will need to wait 48 in game hours i believe for NPCs leveled lists to respawn. otherwise you will run into problems, such as enemies spawning with nothing.

it is indeed possible to remove them from the leveled lists, regardless of what method is used.

can you link me to said mods, i will then explore them, and i will then tell you what to look for, to achieve your goal.

upon removing them you will need to wait 48 in game hours i believe for NPCs leveled lists to respawn. otherwise you will run into problems, such as enemies spawning with nothing.

The weapons are N7R's ACR-W17 and BR77 by links below:

ACR-W17: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26302

BR77: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35032

The author himself provides a tutorial about how to remove the weapon from leveled list by deleting related injection quests in CK or FO4Edit. However he claims this method will only work with new started game because "you cannot remove a script from a save game so you'd need to start a new game so no script runs to inject into the level list." Actually I have already deleted those quests and the weapon keep spawning in my game. I'm not a modder myself, anything that may help solving this problem will be appreciated.

Author's tutorial: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35032/?tab=forum&topic_id=7049386

their is 3 types of leveled list injection:

1. Vanilla Leveled Lists

2. Non Scripted Leveled List Injection (which is custom leveled lists) - safe to remove in active play through as it is essentially the same as using the vanilla leveled lists.

3. Scripted Leveled List Injection - these use quests to inject their leveled lists.

the mods you linked do however use the scripted leveled injection. so yea the information you presented is valid,

so yea, you will need to start a new game if you want to remove the leveled lists from the script itself.

i should of read the op more clearly my bad. i Read the Title which what my primary post was in response to, and only skimmed your primary post and likewise missed the fact you mentioned scripted.

however with that said, removing the leveled lists entries from the script, is not the same as removing the script, you are simply modifying the script, so theoretically deleting the leveled lists properties from the script should not require a new game, as the script will still be their, but with that said this in itself could very well cause issues on its own. so yea. to be safe delete them then start a new game.

their is 3 types of leveled list injection:

1. Vanilla Leveled Lists

2. Non Scripted Leveled List Injection (which is custom leveled lists) - safe to remove in active play through as it is essentially the same as using the vanilla leveled lists.

3. Scripted Leveled List Injection - these use quests to inject their leveled lists.

the mods you linked do however use the scripted leveled injection. so yea the information you presented is valid,

so yea, you will need to start a new game if you want to remove the leveled lists from the script itself.

i should of read the op more clearly my bad. i Read the Title which what my primary post was in response to, and only skimmed your primary post and likewise missed the fact you mentioned scripted.

however with that said, removing the leveled lists entries from the script, is not the same as removing the script, you are simply modifying the script, so theoretically deleting the leveled lists properties from the script should not require a new game, as the script will still be their, but with that said this in itself could very well cause issues on its own. so yea. to be safe delete them then start a new game.

So you can remove script injected forms from level lists using the script command Revert() but, that will revert ALL injected forms from all scripts from that LevelList not just yours.

Thank you for all your replies. In fact I have the problem solved by a "BAD" way.

I uninstalled the mod, waited 48 hours in game, made a save, and cleared the save of unattached elements using makedf's FallrimTools. Then I opened the esp with in FO4Edit and had all leveled list injection related quest deleted, reinstalled the mod with the modded esp. Been playing after doing so for three day, weapons longer spawn on vendors and NPC, and I haven't meet any bug or problem so far.

I'm fully aware what I have done is against every rules about modding. My save may be broken and the chance is high. But compared to start a new game just for a few new weapons, I'd like to take the risk. Besides, I still have my early saves backed up, also a way to go back, right?

keep an eye out for Save Bloat, ILS, Performance and Stability Issues. <-- all of these will lead to end result, Saved Game Corruption

as for backup saves, that would only apply if they were made before the scripted mod was installed. every single save made whilst the mod is installed, now has the script permanently baked into them.

as soon as the script is active (which in this case will be immediate as it is leveled list injection, which is applied when you Enter the Game World), it is permanently in the saved games. which is why we say never remove a scripted mod in an active playthrough, having the now orphaned script will increase the size of the saved games at a fairly rapid rate, this is called save bloat, as the saves become increasingly bigger (which they will do anyway just by progressing through the game as more and more scripts start being triggered, as well as all other saved data)

the save bloat will make the saved games very unstable, this in turn results, in Game Instability (Guranteed eventually), performance issues(Guranteed Eventually), infinite load screen (High Potential but not guaranteed), and finally Saved Game Corruption (as said Saved Game Corruption is guaranteed, as long as Save Bloat is the cause)

Save Game Corruption = Game Over, Every Single Save that has the Orphaned Script are All Destined for this same Fate

these effects are not immediate, they happen over time, as the saved games naturally become bigger due to progress.

if every single save was made from a new game and the said mod was installed when you started said new game, you are going to be in an infinite loop. meaning you will never progress beyond the time your games start failing.

so yea, if you are planning on long term progress, your only option is to start again.

Our Advice are Not just Rules, their Mandatory Actions, to Achieve a Long Term Stable Crash Free Game.

Fallout 4 is a very fragile game, badly optimized, and will shut it self down without even thinking. Saved Games are the single most important part of Fallout and any bethesda game for that matter. Scripted Mods are also the single most important aspect when it comes to Game Stability.

Mod Load Order and Saved Games are Single most important aspect of Game Stability and Performance.

• 2 months later...

Regarding script injected leveled lists - are they "better" or "worse" than just directly modifying the leveled lists in Creation Kit?

If you directly modify the leveled lists in CK, will it be easier to turn on and off (essentially toggle the .esp)?

Heya Jajjo. Scripted anything, you cannot just "turn off" by deactivating the mod. In fact, that's even worse. Scripts get saved into your save game information. That means that once the script is saved into your game, it's going to try to keep running. Or try to run, whenever it is timed to run. If the rest of the mod isn't there, when the script runs, that's when you have problems.

For what you're talking about, vanilla level listing is the best, because the mod itself has the level list (LL) contained within it. So... deactivate/delete said mod, and you delete/deactivate said LL.

So the short answer to your question is "no". It's worst case scenario for what you're talking about.

Hope this helps :)

Regarding script injected leveled lists - are they "better" or "worse" than just directly modifying the leveled lists in Creation Kit?

If you directly modify the leveled lists in CK, will it be easier to turn on and off (essentially toggle the .esp)?

Heya Jajjo. Scripted anything, you cannot just "turn off" by deactivating the mod. In fact, that's even worse. Scripts get saved into your save game information. That means that once the script is saved into your game, it's going to try to keep running. Or try to run, whenever it is timed to run. If the rest of the mod isn't there, when the script runs, that's when you have problems.

For what you're talking about, vanilla level listing is the best, because the mod itself has the level list (LL) contained within it. So... deactivate/delete said mod, and you delete/deactivate said LL.

So the short answer to your question is "no". It's worst case scenario for what you're talking about.

Hope this helps :smile:

Cool, yeah I came to the conclusion that script injected LLs are good for compatibility between mods, but create more of a mess when trying to remove said mod.

Ended up just modifying the LLs directly in CK and if there's any conflicts with future mods I install, I'll just create a merged esp or something.