Activating second wave

PepprmintButler

On easy. I can pretty surely load the save just before the final shot. Just to be sure, is this serious so damn dim witted that you have to play through this just to play the game so that it's fun?

I went and did the game ender again, still does not work.

Edited by shiwan8

Tried that too. Do we have an idea where the activator for this is other than the GameCoreSomethingortheother.ini 0 -> 1 that should work normally? It just might be that I've edited the exe so many times it's bugged somehow. Now if there is some other file that dictates if it is even possible to use the extra options after play through, editing that would likely fix this for me. I might try to start a new game with vanilla exe, try to change the option value on that and see what happens.

EDIT: I changed the variable for marathon from 2.0f to 1.0f and it indeed allowed me to build the facility, then changed it back without issue. Looks like this is the way to go for now until/unless they release a completed second wave mode in a patch or *sigh* as a DLC.... I really hope it isn't the latter.

Either that or until some intrepid modder can alter only that particular aspect of it.

Actually, just put marathon to 1.99f instead and you can play just fine with everything ALMOST doubled...

EDIT: I changed the variable for marathon from 2.0f to 1.0f and it indeed allowed me to build the facility, then changed it back without issue. Looks like this is the way to go for now until/unless they release a completed second wave mode in a patch or *sigh* as a DLC.... I really hope it isn't the latter.

Either that or until some intrepid modder can alter only that particular aspect of it.

Actually, just put marathon to 1.99f instead and you can play just fine with everything ALMOST doubled...

Genius. :D

you always could play fine... right up to the point where need anything more than 1 *insertcertainspoileritem*, after which, you're fooked..

i was going to try 1.49 but couldnt be bothered to play that far and hit a wall.