To handle the number of units taken on a mission might I suggest -
My apologies in taking so long to reply. When I first came onto the EU modding scene most mod makers were overly involved with mods for "Long War", which I had no real interest in, but these mods do delve into just about all the interesting parts of the game.
With ini loading enabled, the DefaultGameCore.ini
file contains three (3) relevant lines:
- SKYRANGER_CAPACITY = 4
- These lines are usually maintained in any save files, requiring a new game be started to see the effect(s).
- The units shown (in the hanger) are: up to the first five (5) auto-selected units and the last auto-selected unit.
I recommend that you maintain: SKYRANGER_CAPACITY <= NUM_STARTING_SOLDIERS < BARRACKS_CAPACITY. When otherwise unmodded, the game will add any OTS Squad bonuses to the SKYRANGER_CAPACITY and (when enough units are available) take that number of units on a mission.
To handle the spawning issue (with EU) might I suggest -
Where the DefaultGameCore.ini is located, there is also a DefaultInput.ini file, at the bottom of which I have included the following:
.Bindings=(Name="S", Command="exec SHQResources.txt", Control=True)
.Bindings=(Name="T", Command="exec TSquadUnit.txt", Control=True)
For the more or less vanilla versions of EU there appear to only be two issues:
- placing these lines at the bottom of the DefaultInput.ini file will override any other bindings to THESE KEYS.
- the SHQResources.txt file contains lines such as GiveResource Scientist 5, GiveResource Engineers 10 and ;GiveItem WeaponFragment 250,
(the semi-colon makes the rest of the line a comment);
- the TSquadUnit.txt file contains the TeleportToCursor command, among other console commands (such as ReloadAmmo and ResetUnitMovement);
- the UI functions for selecting which units to take on a particular mission;
- and the "spawning" function on the maps.
My first thoughts -
Adding more units to the "spawning" function should be easy enough, however the original code included a six unit limit which will need to be modded. But the big block, at least to me, is the UI coding for selecting a squad - which will probably far exceed my poor graphic abilities; IMO not really worth doing, unless you can actually select which units to take!
My work around currently is to keep the SKYRANGER_CAPACITY equal to the number of units in the barracks, and use the TeleportToCursor function (as suggested above) to retrieve any "out of bounds" units.
I am currently reviewing this thread to see what I might have forgotten.
Seems that the R&D started with EU (Enemy Unknown) before more recent Official Patches
were released, and at some point transitioned to EW (Enemy Within) - with some Longwar
revisions thrown into the mix.
Not to mention the use of some fairly early versions of certain modding tools.
Once I have enough of this clear in my own mind I expect to have at least a current status report to post ...
Edited by JDDysart, 09 July 2023 - 05:36 am.