Face Presets Not Working/CBBE Not Working

ElSploush

Hey all!

New to the modding community, so I apologize now for any obvious mistakes I may have made.

TL;DR The Looksmenu option for presets appears at character creation, but is greyed out and cannot be selected: thus no presets can be selected.
Also, CBBE was selected as a Nude option in MO2 but there is no nudity?

I am using MO2 for all my mods. I am trying to get a nice comprehensive set of mods put together for my first ever modded play through on Fallout 4.
That being said, I downloaded all the mods required to use this preset pack: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/36534

However, when I run the program via a shortcut created through MO2, and I get to character creation the presets option in the task bar is there, yet greyed out and cannot be selected. All of the mods seem to be working, as if I try to sculpt my own character all of the new options are present.

On a similar note, I have a mod to add body tattoos, which I figured in coordination with CBBE, I would be able to see them. That being said, the option to add the CBBE body tattoos doesn't appear, and my character isn't nude to even see them.

Let me know what your thoughts are or any possible solutions.

V/R
ElSploush

• 4 months later...

Never had those problems myself. Maybe check if everything is installed properly. Open the archive of LooksMenu and compare it with the files in your Data folder.

As for CBBE, just unequip any clothes through the Pipboy, before you open LooksMenu. If that doesn't work, build the body in Bodyslide. For outfit/body choose "CBBE Body", then choose a preset, press Build.

Are tattoos created as Overlays for LooksMenu? Read tattoo mod description. If yes, when in LooksMenu go to B)Body->R)Overlays and then use "R" again to open the list with installed tattoos. All hotkey buttons are right there on the screen.

Is that shortcut starting the game through the Script Extender? If not, LooksMenu will not work.

Heyas!

LOL welcome to the insanity of modding fallout4.

Ok, first thing I notice. You've said you're starting the game thru a shortcut made by MO2. Not gonna work.

For looksmenu to work you have to have f4se. You can find that through google, yahoo, whatever... if you don't already have it.

Your version of f4se has to match your game version. Your version of LM has to match your version of f4se.

After installing f4se you have to set windows to run it as administrator. Then, you have to start the game thru f4se in order for any of the scripts that require it, to work. Such as Looksmenu.

You have to make sure that looksmenu.esp and CBBE.esp are both set as active in your load order.

As robotized mentioned, CBBE doesn't automatically make the body nude by removing any clothes. The nude version just gets rid of the underwear textures on the mesh.

Also, don't trust mod installers to install mods like CBBE correctly. Do those manually. With complex mods like CBBE, you need to pay attention to what you are doing. If all you are wanting to do is get rid of the vanilla underwear textures, at this stage of your experience.... I recommend something a lot simpler like Enhanced Vanilla Body. Tho in order to get the advantages of bodyslide compatibility you have to download some patches.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like you're still doing all of this in the character creator. That stage of the game gives you VERY few (almost NONE) options as far as what you can actually do in the game. There is no vanilla means to remove the character's clothes so that you can actually see what you're doing. Because that requires a pip boy. Which the game will not let you have until you are pretty much to the end of Vault 111.

Speaking of clothes. Once you get LM (looksmenu) working, you will notice a button that says "Clothes" or "outfits" or some such. Don't click it. It doesn't work. It will crash your game. Truth.

Also, once you get CBBE working, the first thing you will notice is a big, gaping GAP around the female neckline. That's a flaw in CBBE. Once you are out of the character creator (CC) that gap isn't anywhere near as prevalent, but does look like a scar around that area of the body. Nothing to be done about it again, it's a flaw with CBBE. Same with the scars around the wrists.

LOL Again, welcome to the nightmare of playing modded Fallout4.

-Storm

Thanks for filling in the gaps. <- Edit: I mean the information. I was tired and running late for bed.

Hm, that part about presets being greyed out was odd. I figure is either missing files or not launching through the script extender. I wanted to see if it was the latter, but I guess I have one too many mods that depend on it. My game wouldn't run with normal startup.

I don't remember seeing any huge gaps. Sure, neck and hand seams are normal, depending on light and angle. Is that during the "mirror" scene when you start the game?

Yep, it can be a nightmare alright :smile: .

Robotized - Heya bro. No problem at all. You and I tend to tag-team on a lot of threads anyway :)

Nice pun. Took me reading all the way thru your post to get it, but nice one :D

Yeah, there at the mirror scene, I dunno why I get that gap in the mesh. As big as it is. I know I've got a texturing issue, because most of the regular clothes end up with black shoulder bug. But I'd think it'd be pink or purple if the textures weren't painting correctly. Tho too, my characters are a lot more buffed than they should be. So I think it might be stretching the meshes there at that seam where the neck/body meet. Tho, it's NOT part of my CBBE preset. And yeah, it looks normal in game. As normal as CBBE gets, I mean.

The part about the presets being grayed out is either the presets aren't in the right folder in the data folder, f4se isn't loading the scripts for LM, or a bad install of one of the two, or both, or looksmenu.esp isn't active and deployed (vortex on the latter). That's all that I can think of.

I mentioned in other topic, I skip this part with a save game at the elevator. That's the reason I don't remember seeing this.

Without presets, their list is working, it's just empty. Without the esp, SLM 14 is working, but there are no custom menus. Must be other missing file, or something with the Script Extender(not running through its loader maybe, if present at all). Anyway, I hope ElSploush gets to the bottom of it.