Obsolete Masters

GoldenGlobesCEO

Im making a simple plugin mod Im using only assets from the base game but Geck lists all of the DLC including packs (TribalPack etc) as parent masters how do I fix this?

By using tools that isolate the issues and by hand using those tools.

Mod Organizer 2 will allow this to take place.

It is the cat's meow for modders.

If required I can show screen shots of how to do this.

Edited by Purr4me

Im making a simple plugin mod Im using only assets from the base game but Geck lists all of the DLC including packs (TribalPack etc) as parent masters how do I fix this?

That would be great thanks for the help.

Its weird that It cannot be done in GECK itself though

That would be great thanks for the help.

Its weird that It cannot be done in GECK itself though

what it is , it's about the setup of the game original install. what most overlook is that even though you needs steam to be running, steam will not automatically reinstall things if you do not disturb it. So that means you can move out from the games data folder all the assets you do not wish to incorporate into your modding applications.

Mod Organizer offers a click basis, a click of the mouse to enable or disable assets required ate the flick of the button.

In portable mode, all assets can be kept in folder within MO's mod folder, and further isolated under each plugin's name sake that includes bsa's.

But the important thing for you here is that the assets your worried about do not need to remain within the data directory at all.

In essence you really don't need any tools, just thought and memory, remember what your doing.

There are many ways to mod the games.

The same applies to all the games in this scenario.

New-Vegas-Mod-Organizer-v2-2-2alpha3-10-

New-Vegas-Mod-Organizer-v2-2-2alpha3-10-

you will notice the games software is off the main drive, and it's not the steam version, but this still applies not matter what.

GOG.com has a cleaned up DRM free version of the games.

I work with both.

Mo-choose-this.jpg

Kitty

As you can see in the above picture, I have made a windows oriented sort order so there is less fight with load ordering of the masters here.

No matter what you do, the masters will always be in the correct order. and the latest version dev type available on discord only has no more Loot involved.

This is for expert use.

Sense I use my own sorting templates I have no need for online web related lists.

But recommend installing directly into MO 2 this application.

https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=1000018736&game_id=130&source=FileExpander

As you learn the processes, it will all start to make a great deal of sense to you. but I am not kidding here, the learning curve is very steep...

Kitty Black.

So If I understand you correctly I should uninstall the DLCs so they wont show up in data folder when making a mod unless of course I need assets from them?

Negative. DO not "uninstall anything".

Make a temp folder ---call it assets if you like, and move the data out to that folder.

IF you do not choose to use any tools at all, then all you need to do is move out of the way your games assets you do not want to be involved. DO NOT uninstall assets ever.

In the Data directory you will find master names with an extension of "*.nam / NAM. these must remain in the data folder. Do not remove them unless you have the Mod Organizer tools installed. A lot depends on your understanding of how things work but to be safe, leave those files intact.

I try setting it up tomorrow and update the post, for now I have a question that might sound very dumb but here it goes.
First I started playing the game regulary and I got idea for a mod during gameplay so right now im using Vortex to manage mods and when I work on my mod I switch to a new profile which in theory is clean with only official dlcs installed and when im done I switch back to my regular gameplay profile so this might be a source of my problem I think, Anyway should I finish my gameplay and then start modding? or it dosent matter that much as long as I setup mod organizer correctly?