Anyone have 5 G services where the 5G service is activated having problems with these web page Errors?

Deleted54170User

This site can’t provide a secure connection forums.nexusmods.com sent an invalid response.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

ERROR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Trouble Shooting Couldn't Identify the Problem!

This site can’t provide a secure connection www.nexusmods.com sent an invalid response.

ERROR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

A new Jet Pack with 5G MiFi M1000 is on the shelves. While sharing and comparing Jet Packs we discovered that the 5G will have 50 GB and when used up it will provide an extra 15 GB Hot spot limited to 4G speeds; once the 5G 50 GB. The friend tried to check out the MiFi wireless, the USB tethered, and LAN connection to a PC to surf the Internet.

Several websites provide a mysterious response with the 5G MiFi in Central Montana.

Both; forums.nexusmods.com and www.nexusmods.com are among the affected using the 5G running 4G LTE in Central Montana.

A page appeared suggesting Nexusmods pages SSL is not responding.

It isn't just NexusMods! The STEAM Store window won't display. Can't see games they offer for the latest or any images of the games in the store mode display page "they are selling". The 5G MiFi Jet pack has no trouble connecting to our STEAM game's " Library ".

Many more sites with a store front, or something about them, return the same basic error:

I checked the website's pages with my Jet Pack MiFi 8800L too.

With the 8800L I'm able to see both pages. Open them search through them.

Again; this is in Central Montana where the 5G MiFi M1000 service is not active, but it's 4G speed is functioning.

Only for some reason, that doesn't matter. It should not affect what websites it can connect to.

The 5G Mifi M1000 isn't going to be 5G activated in the Northern Mid-west until maybe 2020. Boise, Idaho got the 5G service activated recently. The friend visiting Central Montana is trying to get me interested in buying one. Even in 4G mode the speedtest shows that the 5G MiFi M1000 in 4G gets between 80 - 100 Mbps downloads from it's server in Utah near Salt Lake City; and it gets great upload speeds too.

Again it is in 4G mode in Central Montana where 5G MiFi service isn't available; is not turned on yet. You can buy the 5G MiFi M1000 Verizon's Great Falls Verizon Store even though they don't have the service switched on yet.

When the 5G MiFi M1000 is tried on many more websites, mostly http://xxx.xxxx.xxx worked while https://xxx.xxxx.xxx didn't.

Store websites like: Bestbuy, Even Verizon online service including their forums for support and help are not accessible with the 5G MiFi M1000 in Central Montana

This site can’t provide a secure connection www.verizon.com sent an invalid response.

ERROR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

Many http: pages show up and when a link to their store page is clicked on they display the ERROR page too; for the store link for making purchases.

Is there something going on with the 5G that is challenging the Old Reliable Certificates and SSL: Secure Socket Layers on the website?

Will people with certified websites and SSL have to upgrade them for 5G Internet Modems, Routers, and MiFi Jet Packs to get service?

Is this a problem where 5G is activated?

Is this a fluke that will go away as soon as we get 5G services in Central Montana?

I hope the server's are not getting too old and cranky!

Remember your medicine Grand Ma! (Windows 7!) What's that you say?! Win 10! I said, Grampa! (Windows 98 se) remember to drink your copper pill!" :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

:geek:

Unless both USB and WiFi are activated for use when the USB cable is plugged in, just using the USB plugged in setting will still limit what pages we can surf to too.

If it's not powered to get the signal transmissions for 5G services; it has to be connected via the USB cable, better speeds at 3G at least, and for maximum speed on the 4G LTE package it provides the switch must be selected to use the USB and WiFi together turned On.

When you plug in the USB cable you get 3 (three choices) 1. Charge the Unit. 2. Use the USB and WiFi to connect. 3. Use the USB to connect.

Number 2 is the choice to use for "how to connect" your 5G MiFi M1000 if you're outside any 5G service areas where your 5G verizon 50 GB Allowance is inactive. Even so, you'll only have 4G LTE for 15 GB when you're traveling anywhere in the Sticks where you can't get a 5G MiFi service signal.

Hopefully more places like Montana will be getting the 5G MiFi M1000 service started some time in the year 2020.

For now; if the Verizon Store where you live has the 5G MiFi on their shelves for sale, and if you're outside any place where you can't receive the 5G services 'Save your money'...

It appears that until the area's where 5G is not available yet; the Jet Pack 5G MiFi M1000 service as a WiFi function, i.e., without either the USB or LAN jacks plugged in, does not provide a connection strong enough to handle several certified websites whose SSL, addresses, and services like ICANN are all correct.

I can't access either webpage that www nexusmods com provides when the unit is not linked with a USB wire and turned to on to use 2. the USB and WiFi setting. Even the LAN plug has to have the USB cable plugged in too. Either to the Fast Plug plug provided plugged into a power supply, or directly into a PC or Laptop with computer's USB's that are a 3.0 USB connection, so the LAN wired connection will work.

So without the two cables, the USB cable most importantly, until the Inseego Jet Pack 5G MiFi M1000 supplied by Verizon is activated; it only works as a 4G for 15 GB and/or a 3G LTE WiFi service Jet Pack. If it's not powered to get the signal transmissions for 5G services it has to be connected via the USB cable, at least until 15 GB is used up, for better speeds at 3G and for maximum 4G LTE.

The 2. switch is needed to be On to use the USB and WiFi together.

When 15 GB is not fully used I don't know why; Google Mail, Google Play, Google Music, Google eBooks, Google Store, a lot of Google's Apps, all open and are accessible when any others, even important ones won't load. All when the Jetpack 5G MiFi M1000 is wirelessly connected with WiFi alone.

It does not load this websites pages.

I suspect that; until activation of the 5G with a 50 GB allowance per month is activated available in all dead zone areas, it won't provide a good enough radio wireless speed exchange.

It doesn't now, for even www.verizon.com\support. It barely can open the Outlook mail page and it doesn't load any of the images. Just a blank white page.

The Microsoft Edge browser shows in the address area next to the address bar that the sign in page for the email account is loaded, with a blank white page instead of the Error messages.

If you're not in an area where Verizon has activated the 5G service and they have the 5G MiFi for sale. In the setup it will be in, if you bought one now, it requires the USB cable and 2. Connect the USB/WiFi to be connected; so the computer and the Jet Pack can use it's skimpy 15 GB in 4G Lte. Presently; it only has a 15 GB a month package available at 4G LTE speeds which mostly will only work if you use the USB/WiFi to get all your favorite Web pages to load. If you have one, already and you travel outside the area where your 5G services is active, I hope you can manage most of those person services you need to keep track of with the cable connected via USB/WiFi to your laptop or your PC.

Hopefully you'll alway be able to use your Mobile phone to handle Apps of importance.

Save your money.