Broke MG08 (The Eye of Magnus quest)

Twiner

So I downloaded a mod a while back called "College Days: Winterhold" which basically makes the CoW experience more college-like. Great mod, but a little buggy. There's a patch which I only downloaded AFTER finishing the questline. Supposedly after finishing the quest added by the mod, only then can you become the actual Archmage. For all intents and purposes, this is the case. The only problem is that "The Eye of Magnus" is still present in my quest list, with all objectives completed. I did some tinkering and found out that the mod adds two more stages after the normal ending stage, 200.

Problem is that I can't progress the quest stage to those later stages. The quest is perpetually stuck in stage 200.

Using SQV I found that the MG08 is set to "Stopped" and "Enabled?" is "No".

My question is: Is there a console command that I haven't been able to find via google that can let me just set a quest state to started and/or "Enabled?" = "Yes" to I can use setstage again?

(As a side-note I did tinker with resetting the relevant quests and was able to progress through the "College Days: Winterhold" quest, and the Alteration Ritual spell quest, which is relevant, however I was unable to get MG08 to progress after resetting it, and rolled back to a previous save before I had done any resetting)

Edited by Twiner

So I downloaded a mod a while back called "College Days: Winterhold" which basically makes the CoW experience more college-like. Great mod, but a little buggy. There's a patch which I only downloaded AFTER finishing the questline.

There's your problem.

You installed a mod/patch in the middle of a game.

Doing that causes scripts to be orphaned and stop working etc.

So I downloaded a mod a while back called "College Days: Winterhold" which basically makes the CoW experience more college-like. Great mod, but a little buggy. There's a patch which I only downloaded AFTER finishing the questline.

There's your problem.

You installed a mod/patch in the middle of a game.

Doing that causes scripts to be orphaned and stop working etc.

I did forget to mention that this was a problem before I installed the patch. The only effect the patch seems to have had on the quest was changing the final line of the journal entry from something along the lines of "I'm the Archmage now in name only" to "I'm the Archmage now." The entry was still permanently stuck in my quest list and I only downloaded the patch after scouring the "posts" section looking for bug fixes. Mainly mentioned the patch to stave off "Oh there's a patch! That might fix your issue" etc.

Whatever the reason for the glitch occurring at this point my focus is more on figuring out a way to get the quest out of the "stopped" state and getting this thing fixed :smile:

Edited by Twiner