Environment Time Manipulation

pasmon79

Yes, it is essentially the fragment of time that passes out of the 2 hour day each second, with the 24 hours being represented by 12 hours of light, 12 hours dark.

So, when rounded, 24/0.0034 represents about 7200 seconds, or two hours.

Basically, making it bigger will make the light/dark cycle faster, and making it smaller will slow it down.

I have tried to change that factor in breakdown/lifetime many times before according to this reasoning by setting "TimeAnimSpeed=0.08-1" with no immediate effect on the game even starting on new level and relevant files placed in proper places(plz check my last post on "TIme is money").

Do I have to change something else elsewhere?

Edited by pasmon79

No, you shouldn't have to change anything else.

However, you have to realise that there are three different time scales in the game.

Normal player time is used for all of the upgrades, building actions, and such, so if it says an action will take 15 minutes, that is real time.

The day/light cycle is based on a 2 hour day, so character time is 5 real minutes for an hour of character time.

The daily reset, next-day time is 14 hours. Upon starting the game for the first time, a 14 hour timer is set. You can enter/exit the game any number of times and it will still be the same day. Once that 14 hours passes, the next time you start the game the daily reset process runs, resources are used up by characters and facilities, outposts generate their resources, and so on.

So depending on what you are trying to change, it can fall under one of those three categories.

Well i set time Animspeed=1, compiled the file and load one of my episode of sod story mode to observe its effect. I expect the sun to fly in circle but nothing happened.

Any suggestions for setting the values for "AnimeSpeed" to observe noticeable effect?

Edited by pasmon79

There are some limits that the engine probably enforces to keep it running without any one system taking up too much processor time. I'd try something smaller, like 0.0067, which should make it 1 hour per day, 30 minutes each light and dark.

I read it in one forum that the restriction is night time for 12 seconds. But the masterclock mod accomplishes over-riding this effect. I really wonder how do devs enforce restriction.

I only want to check the possible effects of environment manipulations. I guess that i have to do it by the hard way by timing my own game-play.

Edited by pasmon79