First time posting here. Be kind to correct me if I violate form norms.

Intro:

If youâre like me, then you like to complete everything Skyrim has to offer. Including the main quest and Dragonborn dlc. But if you also use a Aedra/Daedra worshipping mod like me, a problem arises... never will u go to Hircineâs hunting ground, or Azuraâs beautiful blinding silver cities, or even Sovngarde because your soul will always be claimed by Akatosh. It also makes your deal with Nocturnal meaningless. Though I use No to Nocturnal to avoid an eternity of guard duty. Before someone tells me I can use alternate start or something similar and avoid being Dragonborn, hereâs what I say to that: I like completing everything Skyrim has to offer, and with mods like morrowloot ultimate in my mod order, I would (likely) be missing out on certain gear that Morrowloot makes rare.

Okay hereâs the juicy bit

This is how I imagine a mod that would rid you of the Dragon part of your soul.

I think the Dragonborn dlc is a great place to implement such a thing, being in Hermaeus Moraâs realm and whatnot. I want the quest to be very short so hereâs I think it should go down: After defeating Mirrak and the skill rebalancer appears. Hermaeus Mora spawns somewhere and you can initiate unvoiced dialogue and the conversation goes something like this: (P = player H = Hermaeus Mora)

P: âI donât want to be Dragonbornâ

H: âWhat you seek, I have never anticipated. But is possible. When you absorb dragon souls, you unconsciously think in the dragon language, drawing their soul to yours. Now tell me these words in a shout and I will absorb the dragon within you along with all that it knows.â

P: â(shout) Dov Sil Luv!â (Aka Dragon soul tear)

H: âBefore I reflect your words back upon you, be prepared to beat down the dragon within you into an absorbable stateâ

P: âIâm readyâ

Hermaeus Mora reflects your voice back onto you, separating the dragon from your soul. You no longer have access to shouts and a spectral version of yourself equipped with all your stats and shouts appears. Get ready to battle. After slaying your dragon part, Hermaeus Mora absorbs the soul in the form of pure knowledge, and the skill rebalancer is free (after all we just gave him quite a bit of knowledge) dragons will no longer disintegrate into bone before you, and word walls are just meaningless scribbles.

While not strictly lore friendly, I believe if itâs implemented right, it can feel lore friendly enough to keep gameplay smooth and immersive. If someone does take up this project, please port it to console (Xbox) sometime. And think of a clever name for it will you ;)

Who else thinks they would make use of such mod?