Resource / Material stations

StJohn30368

I've been playing Fallout 4 for a long while, it might sound stupid but I'm really into building and recreating settlements than the actual story, because I love sandbox.

However, to get resources and materials (though there are ways to acquire them) it takes too much effort for me to collect them, mainly, by overloading my backpack which is really annoying.

So, I've seen mods like "building materials dispenser", it does solve the problem but that just feels like cheating the game to me.

Also, "the sim settlement" does something similar dynamically, but that still requires resources and materials in order to make a settlement grow.

I know that most of us have played some RTS games such as Command and Conquer/Red alert/And the list goes on.., the resource stations in those games? That's exactly what I need.

I want to build settlements with resource stations that passively add materials and scraps to my workshop bench while I get guards to protect them. Now this would look more like a base building game I'm looking for.

If anyone sees this post and is willing to create this mod, please, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :smile:

P.S. You can have levels of upgrades for each station to make it more realistic, the better the machine, the more resource it needs to upgrade it.

P.S.2 Might be even better to have different stations for different kind of material categories. For example: metal station --> I can choose aluminum, screw, metal, etc.

P.S.3 It doesn't have to be new models, just models from the vanilla game is perfect enough, besides, it would give the lore feels.

Edited by StJohn30368