How to mod Brass Helmet?

BiancoAngelo7

Dear fellow users, this is driving me crazy....

I am trying to mod the brass helmet and make it a silver/white color to make a custom paladin set.

The problem is that as soon as I modify the texture for the helmet, this really ugly black "sheet" or something pops up on top of the lower neck area of the helmet on the back. Its exactly where the chains are on the helmet.

Compared to the no texture mod version of the game, its almost like as if when Im trying to use a custom mod that the "invisible" layer that holds up the chains on the back of the helmet turns black and covers the back of the helmet...

HELP!!!

lol....

seriously though, I'd really appreciate any help, as this is driving me to pure insanity....

Sounds to me that you are saving your PNG without transparency?

1. If you are using Photoshop, use "Load selection" and choose the alpha layer.

2. Bring the selection to a new layer and delete the old one with the black background.

3. You now should have an texture with "holes" in it, where it is supposed to be transparent.

4. Save as PNG and it should work.

Edited by Kaffeebohnson

Of course I will! I love to share, I think it's the number one rule of modding, make something that even one person might like, then post it! I would be so sad if people didn't share mods haha.

I'm just waiting a little bit because the brass helmet I modded successfully now, (thanks to help from nice people like you) is part of a custom "Paladin" pack that reflects what I personally feel should have been the option for a paladin character. I don't mean to tease it or anything, but personally I think it's pretty cool, I'm literally like 95% done with it, and I remade the chest, hands and legs of black knight armor, the brass helm, silver knight shield, silver knight sword and arrow quiver to reflect a paladin look, plus with the help of the creator of the different color fire mod (srsly, he uploaded files and reference guide, soooo helpful) I'm also including sertain offensive fires like charcoal pine resin and firestorm pillars to be PURE WHITE *cue holy paladin drool* lol

So yeah, thanks again and I'll be uploading very soon! :)