All weapons useable by all classes

raabec

Thanks Anbar, that's awesome to see ... I'm not normally one to "cheat" items/stats to the point that the game becomes just a cake walk, it's just that currently I have s sniper with a very high aim score and with a laser/plasma pistol she is already very nearly as good as when wielding her sniper rifle, However it seemed to me that if a person is that good a shot, they should be able to use any weapon realistically, however to make it a little more "realistic" with weight carrying, I figured it you could only apply it to the pistol and/or the sniper rifle the "carry weight" would be more realistic ... So I wouldn't want the to see the ability so you carry say an SMG and Assuallt rilfe, but the pistol/sniper rifle combo doesn't seem to over the top.

I've also recently (after playing a bit more) come the conclusion that its REALLY annoying that all classes don't have a double slot and/or double (or triple) item backpack option/ability, Like the 'nades or medkits

How did you add the ability to a weapon while restricting it to a specific class? Also, does this work for any soldier of that class, or do they need to have the ability themselves as well?

its in that link to vercengetericks post Pax.

Essentially you can link *any* Ability or a weapon to *any* Property

e.g.

ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE ****** Properties[5]=eWP_None

Ability 5 is linked to property 5 (ability 4 to property 4, etc etc).

Class attributes are then picked up and applied over this.

Thanks Anbar, that's awesome to see ... I'm not normally one to "cheat" items/stats to the point that the game becomes just a cake walk, it's just that currently I have s sniper with a very high aim score and with a laser/plasma pistol she is already very nearly as good as when wielding her sniper rifle, However it seemed to me that if a person is that good a shot, they should be able to use any weapon realistically, however to make it a little more "realistic" with weight carrying, I figured it you could only apply it to the pistol and/or the sniper rifle the "carry weight" would be more realistic ... So I wouldn't want the to see the ability so you carry say an SMG and Assuallt rilfe, but the pistol/sniper rifle combo doesn't seem to over the top.

I've also recently (after playing a bit more) come the conclusion that its REALLY annoying that all classes don't have a double slot and/or double (or triple) item backpack option/ability, Like the 'nades or medkits

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8092110794_f05eced847_o.jpg

Re pistols etc: I've restricted the Pistol ranges in my own modification to offset the extra abilities being available on them.

I am, at this point, not convinced that weapon changes are taken into account versus class abilities.

i.e. you restrict a pistol to range 10, but can still squad-sight shoot across the map.

I am checking this tonight.

I've made assault/laser/plasma rifles available to all classes.

However, I'm having a problem with getting assault/laser/plasma rifles to work with the Heavy class.

He can equip and use it just fine, but not with his suppression skill.

I tried everything I could think of. Anyone got this to work?

If not, I'll have to abandon doing this at all since it would be inconsistent (Sniper abilities seem to work as expected). I hate inconsistencies. :D

Edited by Daemonjax

Essentially you can link *any* Ability or a weapon to *any* Property

e.g.

ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE ****** Properties[5]=eWP_None

Ability 5 is linked to property 5 (ability 4 to property 4, etc etc).

Class attributes are then picked up and applied over this.

I haven't seen anyone mention abilities and properties being tied together this way anywhere else. I haven't been syncing abilities and properties in my executable and everything works fine; I have eWP_Heavy on property 1 and eWP_ShotSuppress on ability 1, but suppression isn't restricted to Heavies when using the weapon. I know the post linked to says that it's restricted to the class you list (and I was thanked for providing this information, but I think there was a miscommunication at some point because I only mentioned adding eWP_Heavy to enable heavies to use the weapon in the first place, as eWP_AnyClass doesn't include them). Furthermore, adding eWP_Sniper to a weapon only allows the weapon to use the skills that the Sniper has unlocked. As far as I know, there isn't any way for a weapon to add an ability to characters of a specific class. They can be added to all characters who use it (Shot_Suppress is like this) or they can be enabled to use abilities that the character has, but to my knowledge there is not any way to have (as an example) all Sniper Rifles automatically grand Squad Sight to every Sniper who picks them up.

Edited by PaxEmpyrean

I've made assault/laser/plasma rifles available to all classes.

However, I'm having a problem with getting assault/laser/plasma rifles to work with the Heavy class.

He can equip and use it just fine, but not with his suppression skill.

I tried everything I could think of. Anyone got this to work?

If not, I'll have to abandon doing this at all since it would be inconsistent (Sniper abilities seem to work as expected). I hate inconsistencies. :D

Do you have eWP_Heavy listed in the weapon properties? I would assume so if he's able to equip those weapons in the first place, but I'm just making sure.

Do you have eWP_Heavy listed in the weapon properties? I would assume so if he's able to equip those weapons in the first place, but I'm just making sure.

Yes. Both eWP_AnyClass and eWP_Heavy seems required to him to equip it.

I've tried every combination of eWP_Rifle, eWP_Heavy, and eWP_AnyClass that I can think of.

Even eWP_AnyClass and eWP_Heavy without the eWP_Rifle to avoid any possible hardcoded checks.

... but no suppression for the Heavy class.

I figure this should work perfectly for the Heavy, but it doesn't:

Weapons=(iType=eItem_AssaultRifle,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStandard,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_Overwatch,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_AnyClass,Properties[1]=eWP_Sniper,Properties[2]=eWP_Heavy,Properties[3]=eWP_None,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=3,iEnvironmentDamage=20,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=10,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Large,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

Any other ideas?

Is this something that definitely works, but I just screwed it up somehow? Or does this problem go deeper?

UPDATE: I thought about it some more, and I realize now that it's not that big of a deal if the Heavy Can't suppress with his the standard rifles. Since you can build him without suppression, and his suppression is a little different from Support's, then it can almost make sense (almost but not quite).

What would make the most sense is if his enhanced area effect suppression perk (Danger Zone) only worked with the LMG type weapons. But, I realize that is beyond what is current modding possibilities.

Edited by Daemonjax