Modding Soldiers, weapons and items

versengeteriks

Yes, you're going to have to hack the executable, or use the Modpatcher which will do it for you. I'm not sure how it interacts with Steam. I assume up front that when I mod a game, multiplayer is off the table in most cases. I've been able to launch the modded game without Steam checking the file and overwriting what I've done, so at least that much works.

Well that is good, but if there are any patches then you will have to make sure to re-install your mod. I guess that means they cannot be monitoring the exe very closely, or else it would require a game restart. I guess I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the info!

Hiya,

I've tried modding the soldiers offence from 65 to 100 but in the game it does not change, this is with both a savegame and a fresh game, even tried recruiting new solders in both new and save games, they are still at the default 65, any ideas?

I'm using the mod patcher btw.

theres another set of values that might be causing you greif, its much further down the list from the character section.

; Soldier Values
NUM_STARTING_SOLDIERS=12
BARRACKS_CAPACITY=99
LOW_AIM=50
HIGH_AIM=80
LOW_MOBILITY=12
HIGH_MOBILITY=14
LOW_WILL=20
HIGH_WILL=60
ROOKIE_AIM=65
ROOKIE_MOBILITY=12 
ROOKIE_STARTING_WILL=40
PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=4       
PSI_TEST_LIMIT=5         
PSI_TRAINING_HOURS=240  
PSI_NUM_TRAINING_SLOTS=3
BASE_DAYS_INJURED = 2
RAND_DAYS_INJURED = 10
SOLDIER_COST=10
SOLDIER_COST_HARD=15
SOLDIER_COST_CLASSIC=15

as you can see if you are setting the soldier stats to 100 this set of code may nerf that. i would try to adjust these values instead and change low aim and high aim to 100. I suspect it would only work on new recruits and new games though - havent tested so let me know how it goes.

Ahh thank you versengeteriks, After changing the soldier starting values it works. I never even see those values when I scrolled through the settings the first time, Although it was around midnight when I was looking lol.

Thanks for the help, I can happily go and play around with the numbers now I know it works.

very useful info here, thanks for this :)

and some questions:

Where are the soldier abilities stored?

(for instance to give the assault additional mobility if he selects [insert correct skill name] bonus)

And where are the properties of items in the "small items slot" (scope, nano-fiber-west etc.)

And where are the effects of foundry-researches stored (e.g. changing around pistol- or scope-upggrades)

Aaand: are the according files patchable with the modpatcher-utility?

very useful info here, thanks for this :)

and some questions:

Where are the soldier abilities stored?

(for instance to give the assault additional mobility if he selects [insert correct skill name] bonus)

And where are the properties of items in the "small items slot" (scope, nano-fiber-west etc.)

And where are the effects of foundry-researches stored (e.g. changing around pistol- or scope-upggrades)

Aaand: are the according files patchable with the modpatcher-utility?

soldier abilities are in several places: defaultgamecore - which is the file moddable with the patcher. and c :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Localization\INT - xcomgames items are listed as.

m_strPassiveTitle[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Disabling Shot
m_strBonusTitle[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Disabling Shot
m_strPenaltyTitle[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Disabling Shot
m_strPassiveTxt[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Allows the Sniper to fire a shot that causes the target's main weapon to malfunction. The target may use Reload to fix the weapon. The shot cannot inflict a critical hit. <XGAbility:DisablingShotCooldown/> turn cooldown.
m_strBonusTxt[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Disabling Shot ERROR
m_strPenaltyTxt[ePerk_DisablingShot]=Disabling Shot ERROR

Although ive not had much success tweaking this file. let me know how you get on.

"And where are the properties of items in the "small items slot" (scope, nano-fiber-west etc.) " Defaultgamecore, lists as weapons.

Weapons=(iType=eItem_ReinforcedArmor,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_Backpack,Properties[1]=eWP_Pistol,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_None,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=0,iEnvironmentDamage=0,iRange=0,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=2,iWillBonus=0)

- BTW nano vest is listed as Reinforced armour.

"And where are the effects of foundry-researches stored (e.g. changing around pistol- or scope-upggrades" will have to get back to you on that one.

hope this helps

yep, this helps ... the scope is called "Targetting computer"

as for the abilities ...

i found this list in the "DefaultEngine.ini"

; XCOM
+Suppress=GameCore
+Suppress=XCom_AimProfile
+Suppress=XCom_Anim
+Suppress=XCom_Checkpoint
;+Suppress=XCom_Content
+Suppress=XCom_GlamCam
+Suppress=XCom_Net
+Suppress=XCom_Net_LoadHang
+Suppress=XCom_Online
+Suppress=XCom_Perks
+Suppress=XCom_Squad
+Suppress=XCom_XP
+Suppress=XComWorldData
+Suppress=WatchVariableMgr
+Suppress=DevDestruction
+Suppress=XComCameraMgr
;+Suppress=XComNarrative
+Suppress=XCom_JetpackPath
+Suppress=XCom_ClientPath

imo that hints to a file called "DeafultPerk.something" but a search was fruitless(?).

wasn`t there a listing of the files that are embedded into the exe and (possibly) are patchable with the modpatcher?