Any luck opening UPK files?

acky1

Has anyone had any luck opening up .UPK files with Unreal Editor plugin? I skipped level design class that used that program when I was in college or I'd try. :facepalm:

Or are we at a standstill until some tools are released? Thanks in advance.

There's some talk of it over in the "finding the first step" thread I believe. Involves downloading an unpacker and using a special command.

I think the problem isn't unpacking the files, it's repacking them.

I had read that, I just wasn't sure if we had any luck cooking them, I think we are going to need the tools for it sadly. It would be nice if someone could post how to unpack them, I haven't been able to do it, mostly to lack of time.

I had read that, I just wasn't sure if we had any luck cooking them, I think we are going to need the tools for it sadly. It would be nice if someone could post how to unpack them, I haven't been able to do it, mostly to lack of time.

it tells you on the site that the tool is on, lots of help in their forums also, plus a tutorial.

The tool does not work with the texture files (throws a tag error - probably an altered header). I created a thread on his form to see if he is going to add XCOM support.

i had a similar issue with ogg sound files.... but found a way around it by using gildors to unpack - then found a different program that would extract .oggs from the unpacked upk (took a bit of Google-Fu to track it down)

havent looked at textures though

Actually, I had no problem using gildors umodel to unpack the files, just couldn't use any of the gui's and had to run it from command line. Was able to bring the skeleton/mesh into the UDK editor and can look at the UVmapping for the model but still have not found out how to bring the textures in or output the UVtemplate, but I've never used it before . Any hints/suggestions?

OK, I've gotten to the stage where I can extract the mesh and low res textures from the UPK, and using gildors ActorX can bring them into 3DMax, but still can't find a way to get at the hi-res textures which I'm assuming are in the Textures.tfc and CharTextures.tfc files. Following some reading on gildors forums, I tried putting those files into the same folder as the .upk, and reading the log created during extraction I can see it reads from those files several times for higher res textures, but they don't seem to get extracted. Anyon familiar with or been able to extract from tfcs? Can't find much on the web.

http://imageshack.us/a/img841/5314/badyfemalekevlar.jpg