Spoilers from beta 1.8

Mardoxx

Ah, thanks for a quick answer, sajuukkhar! You know, I have nothing against the Dunmer, but I was somewhat worried that when we finally get that Solstheim DLC it would be less like Skyrim and more like Morrowind, with Dark Elves everywhere; and while I feel sorry for them as a race for losing their homeland and all that, being among them on an island with Skyrim-like climate would be...weird, but maybe it's just me :biggrin:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing many seem to misunderstand about the lore;

Only Vvardenfell became inhospitable. Mainland Morrowind is still perfectly habitable, and even still, small sections of Vvardenfell was still habitable after the eruption.

The eruption was two hundred years ago, anyway. Everything I've read only ever mentioned one big eruption, not an ongoing event, so unless the lava is somehow kept boiling and the gases trapped in an atmospheric bubble over Vvardenfell, I'm pretty certain it's habitable again anyway.

The southern parts of mainland Morrowind were taken by the Argonians, and I think they reached the Telvanni parts of Vvardenfell too... that counts as pretty inhospitable :P But I thought that that happened just before the eruption, so even if the Argonians are still in control of the area they've had long enough to get used to it (even though several of the Dunmer in the game are old enough to remember it happening). I'd also read that Nords attacked the northern parts too, but that was before or at the same time as the Argonians, so evidently they stopped and felt bad afterward, if they gave them Solstheim.

So in conclusion ( :P )Morrowind should be back to about pre-eruption levels of habitability, barring major catastrophic events that haven't been recorded anywhere. It might just be a bit smaller, if Blackmarsh annexed some bits.

Thanks for clearing that out, jhardingame, even though I can see the difference between the island of Vvardenfell and mainland Morrowind, which - while indeed somewhat hospitable (for Dunmer at least, I can't imagine any other race living there en masse) - is still a volcanic, mountainous, ash-covered wasteland to me :)

Speaking of which, isn't sourthern part of Morrowind occupied by the Argonians now? If it is - and I imagine it's not a peaceful occupation - such situation might have created a large influx of Dark Elves to both Skyrim and Solstheim, after all. Nevermind, I can't wait for that Solstheim DLC anyway.

Edit: Didn't see your post, Ankh :)

Edited by Inquart

I want them to fix what is broken, never mind add new stuff to break the game further. I am not having any problems myself since my rig rebuild, but I know plenty who are.

We should be so lucky that Bethesda is even still releasing patches, 99% of other game developers would have already been half way done making the next sequel by now.

I refuse to be grateful for a bunch of bugs, some of which are really game breaking and which Beth themselves have acknowledged to me in writing.

In a game as large as Skyrim a number of bugs, even game breaking ones, is to be expected.

It is quite literally impossible for Bethesda to test out the thousands of possible orders in which quests can be done, let alone all the world interactions you can do between then, and find/remove every bug. It has been, and always will be, a fundamental fact that games like Skyrim will be buggy, very much so.

You can either be grateful for the things Bethesda does fix, along with the fact that Bethesda lets people mod their games, thus allowing people to fix all the bugs that they cannot, or sit and whine about something that is literally unchangeable.

And frankly, I don't see how complaining that the sun rises and sets in a predictable pattern is beneficial to anything.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000