Nick Valentine won't stop killing dogs even though i have the friendly dog mod

MamaMangle

ugh I just..

I have the mod that makes the dogs run away instead of attack, and Nick will NOT stop attacking pretty much anything at all. now he's started on ragstag yearlings. babies. I know its just a game but I find it really upsetting when nick kills wildlife but especially the dogs, like it makes me genuinely upset. in my old playthrough I had a mod where you could pet the mongrel dogs and attack dogs, and nick never attacked them then, so I dunno why he's doing it now.

I just want him to stop killing everything.. I've even tried setting him to unaggressive with a follower manager but nope. anything that moves he hates apparently.

is there a command or a mod I can get to stop him killing dogs?? please..?

<:c

Open Console (by Pressing the Tilde key '), click on Nick with the Console Still Open and Type: tai

this will disable his ai, thus preventing him from engaging hostiles, this is only a temporary solution, and must be done every time. the command is a toggle (meaning every time you input it, it will turn his ai on and off).

Note: Console Commands will override everything, but only every time they are inputted

For a permanent solution you will need to modify his behaviour via the Creation Kit

any mod that makes changes to Nick Valentine could Override said Follower Management mod, if it is placed lower in the load order then the Follower Management mod.

Changing his aggro could be prevented if he is already Engaging a Hostile <-- Console commands is the only exception, as they Override Everything, and are Effective immediate

Heya Mamamangle- As Gamewinner (I'm so sorry man but with my dyslexia it takes entirely too long for me to spell it out like you have it :sad: ) mentioned about mod conflicts, that is most likely what is causing the non agression mod not to work correctly.

My recommendation is to go through your load order, and set the non aggression mod to the end of your list, at the bottom. This will hopefully make it so that it over-writes his behavior.

If not, you may have to go through your load order, and deactivate EVERYTHING that affects companions. Go in game and see if the problem persists. If not, go through and reactivate one mod, test again. See if problem persists. Repeat until the problem comes up again. If it does come up again, you've found the source of the conflict.

However, if you have other mods that affect wild life, combat, or the ai, that's something that could be causing the conflict as well.

Afterthought. If the mod requires f4se, make sure that you have the correct version of f4se installed for your game version. And make sure that you are starting the game with f4se, not with steam, or any other method.

Edited by StormWolf01