MO 2...what a mess I made of this

SirTrijj

Only tried USLEEP & Skyui. Tried moving some files around but that didn't work...so I put them back the way I had it... & now getting error messages about ini files missing. Think I should just uninstall MO2 & use that MO2 installer file....& redo the SKSE & FNIS? I think I did step 1 right but missing ini files...not so sure even doing that would fix those issues. I should just start all over again, shouldn't I?

here some advice, establish a know default game before applying tweaks in mo first. make sure the-game runs perfectly first before modifying stuff.

NO patches, NO add on mods, just the game alone.

I've deleted everything I could find & started over once again. I've got Skyrim SE installed on C:\My Favorites\Skyrim SE Install\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim SE. That's where Skyrim SE.exe & the SKyrim SE launcher.exe are. 1) Should I be launching the game with S SE.exe or S SE Launcher.exe? 2) I'll need to put MO2 installer in the above path, right?

I've deleted everything I could find & started over once again. I've got Skyrim SE installed on C:\My Favorites\Skyrim SE Install\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim SE. That's where Skyrim SE.exe & the SKyrim SE launcher.exe are. 1) Should I be launching the game with S SE.exe or S SE Launcher.exe? 2) I'll need to put MO2 installer in the above path, right?

Did you make this directory? "C:\My Favorites"

You Launch the game for the very first time through Steam

once you have gone far enough to get a clean saved game, you exit the game

Now you install MO2 standalone installer and IT will automatically detect the games locations and correct formats for the install

then you close MO and reopen it and run the game, pick up where you left off from the first time.

exit

In Mo 2 on the right, you verify the current saved games are being picked up by that program by clicking on the saves tab----on the right pane where you see the plugin lists.

there's a data tab and an archive tab the program can see.

NOTE: once the game has been executed By steam, the graphics for that PC should already be registered and enabled by default, MO 2 will pick up these settings automatically and use them BY default.

Alll in all you must follow through with set procedures in order to NOT use too many aspirins, I think the Pharmaceuticals get enough as it is already.

Edited by Purr4me

I came close to quitting but I don't like to loose. Everything u mentioned above (so far) has checked out. It's all there.

use mod to install a mod you know should be noticeable upon entering the game, like an armor add on, or weapon mod, even a graphic floral mod, to test the results.

Take things slow and keep track of every thing.

I've been adding 1 mod at a time, then running the game. All is good so far. I just tried to add SKYUI. I got Error that it is not running properly but my inventory layout is in SKYUI form. I checked the SKSE version in-game & it is there. Said something about perhaps Skyrim SE recently updated?? I just re-loaded everything yesterday. Should I proceed or better to uninstall SKYUI now?

I've been adding 1 mod at a time, then running the game. All is good so far. I just tried to add SKYUI. I got Error that it is not running properly but my inventory layout is in SKYUI form. I checked the SKSE version in-game & it is there. Said something about perhaps Skyrim SE recently updated?? I just re-loaded everything yesterday. Should I proceed or better to uninstall SKYUI now?

If a component registers any errors, there will always be a reason why it's there, so untill you determine what that might be, YES, uninstall any mod throwing errors.

Now, I read that skyui mod page, there are prerequisites required.

If a mod requires SKSE then that program need to be placed directly into the game folder from a extracted zip archive and Dropped in.

The extracted data comes with a Data folder too but there won't be any windows request to overwrite the OEM data folder's there is nothing in the program that resembles OEM data.

As I told you, installed all the same product here under your name so I can duplicate what your doing here as well.

after you uninstall any mod in MO2 always close and reopen the program so data is updated in the program.

-----------------------------

Go to the source page and read requirements, please take your time and study things and keep the error message in mind as you read. Something will jump out at you and you can try again. you do this until you discover the what and why errors are getting thrown.

PS: I am not getting any errors so the programs are up to date BUT ! I did not use the nexus source for my install, I used steams installer for SKSE.

Edited by Purr4me