Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

I've noticed something odd, when I change settings (such as HP, only one I've tested) for classic mode and then load or start a new classic game, the HP is unchanged for current and new soldiers. However, after some testing I noticed that classic mode uses stats applied by "BalanceMods_Easy".... which is odd. Anyone else noticed this and know if this applies to all stats (crit, aim etc)?

In the code, Classic is referred to as "hard" and Impossible as "classic".

Yeah, it's confusing. Most likely the devs changed names late in developement so they stayed like that in the code.

I assume the quote over there should read "BalanceMods_Hard", because if you actually have a setting in Classic controlled by "BalanceMods_Easy" that would be a first AFAIK.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Xionanx,

You have made an excellent wiki. I already knew many aspects of this file through my experiments, I thank you for letting me understand others.

In the meantime, I'm conducting other experiments, if I reach some results worthy of note, I will share them with the community following your shining example.

CLOSE_RANGE = 14.0f

Dictates at which distance the shotgun and sniper get an additional accuracy penalty. The shotgun loses accuracy when outside of close range. The sniper loses accuracy when within close range.

ASSAULT_LONG_RANGE_MAX_PENALTY = -40

Dictates the shotgun accuracy penalty when outside of close range. Setting this at 0 means the shotgun will be as accurate as any other weapon. Higher negative values increase the accuracy penalty.

SNIPER_AIM_FALL = -2.0f

Dictates the sniper aim penalty when within close range. Setting this at -0.1f eliminates the penalty entirely. Higher negative values increase the accuracy penalty.

Edited by BlackAlpha

I've tried editing the balance section, specifically removing the hp reduction on my soldiers in classic mode. But try as i might i can put any number in the hp section and my 4 starting soldiers always spawn with only 5hp. Is there something I'm forgetting? I've tried raising hp for ever difficulty level and none of them seem to work properly Edited by Najarana

I've tried editing the balance section, specifically removing the hp reduction on my soldiers in classic mode. But try as i might i can put any number in the hp section and my 4 starting soldiers always spawn with only 5hp. Is there something I'm forgetting? I've tried raising hp for ever difficulty level and none of them seem to work properly

What change did you make?

Soldiers all start with 5HP.

Characters=(iType=eChar_Soldier,HP=5,Offense=65,Defense=0,

The balance section only adjusts the template.

BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier,			iDamage=0,iCritHit=0,  iAim=0, iDefense=0,iHP=-1,iMobility=0,iWill=0)

And it isn't clear if you're starting a new game or loading a saved game. Changes to the Characters array only affect "new" characters on generation.

With the engineers/scientists thing for the countries ,does that mean that if I were to change the line to read:

ContBalance_Hard=(eCont=eContinent_Europe, iEngineers1=1, iScientists1=4, iEngineers2=1, iScientists2=4, iEngineers3=2, iScientists3=4, iEngineers4=2, iScientists4=4 )

I would have to have:

one satellite in Europe to get two engineers

two to get four engineers

and four to get four scientists and four engineers?

Or and I reading that completely wrong?

Edited by FlyingHigh10000000

With the engineers/scientists thing for the countries ,does that mean that if I were to change the line to read:

ContBalance_Hard=(eCont=eContinent_Europe, iEngineers1=1, iScientists1=4, iEngineers2=1, iScientists2=4, iEngineers3=2, iScientists3=4, iEngineers4=2, iScientists4=4 )

I would have to have:

one satellite in Europe to get two engineers

two to get four engineers

and four to get four scientists and four engineers?

Or and I reading that completely wrong?

Adding carriage returns for additional readability. Here's your code snippet.

ContBalance_Hard=(eCont=eContinent_Europe,	 
iEngineers1=1, iScientists1=4, 
iEngineers2=1, iScientists2=4, 
iEngineers3=2, iScientists3=4, 
iEngineers4=2, iScientists4=4 )

Per the above...

1 Sat = +1 Eng, +4 Sci per month

2 Sat = +1 Eng, +4 Sci per month

3 Sat = +2 Eng, +4 Sci per month

4 Sat = +2 Eng, +4 Sci per month

; Main Balance Factors

TECH_TIME_BALANCE=6.66

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=1

ITEM_CREDIT_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ELERIUM_BALANCE=1

ITEM_ALLOY_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_COST_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_MAINTENANCE_BALANCE=1

FACILITY_TIME_BALANCE=1

; Appears to follow the same multiplier rules as other settings, however I am unsure of TIME BALANCE. The rest make it cost more/less resources to build things vs BASE depending on ; what you set them to. 1 being BASE, 2 being TWO TIMES BASE, 0.5 being half base. and 0 being FREE.

Item time balance is a straight multiplier of the time required to build an item.

e.g. ItemBalance=(eItem=eItem_Satellite,iCash=150,iElerium=0, iAlloys=0, iTime=20, iEng=5)

ITEM_TIME_BALANCE=3 will turn those 20 days into 60 days (tested, verified)

works with percentiles, so item balance = 1.2 will add 20% time to the iTime of each eItem.

(I do not know where, or how, the remainder of the eItem times are disabled, its a darn shame as turning them back on, so items take time to produce, would be a wonderful, wonderful change)