[LE] Creation kit ini performance fixes

BoneTongue

Hey everybody, i thought this would be a good place to shout out this fix, since the only people using it would be the modders of the skyrim community. Basically I took every common creation kit fix that everybody uses to make the CK operable, then to top it off i added in several dozens of new fixes, many are meant to make the render window smoother and more stable, especially exteriors. Many other fixes get rid of inconvenient bugs that nearly everybody hates.

I feel like not many people saw it, or got it confused with previous fixes made by people that only go for the bare minimum of fixes.

If you want to check it out, you can find it
here

IF anybody knows of some extra fixes that i can add, comment down below!!!

I can think of 3 off the top of my head ... These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt.
These are for pure performance and can make an old rig shine or a new rig be a god.

1. Set every number you can in the .ini files to to be a multiple of 256. This allows for better chunked data reads and chunked displays.
if you use skse a multiple of 1024 would even be better. Basically push every number you can to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024
after that try to stay in a multiple of 256 or 1024. This is an old programming speed trick when you're doing many reads, wrights and displays.
Perfect for Skyrim with a noticeable difference in everything.

2. Remove all shadows ... I know, I know ... but the performance boost is well worth it. One asks for "shadow split count". That one can't be a zero.

Shadow resolutions can be set to 128. For the water go with 512.

3. 1366 x 768 is a magical resolution ... in any game. Looks great and yields x2+ the performance. You can hardly tell the difference over all in view.

These tricks will also let you use the high res package with ease. The little bit you may lose is fully made up for in that alone.

I can think of 3 off the top of my head ... These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt.

These are for pure performance and can make an old rig shine or a new rig be a god.

1. Set every number you can in the .ini files to to be a multiple of 256. This allows for better chunked data reads and chunked displays.

if you use skse a multiple of 1024 would even be better. Basically push every number you can to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024

after that try to stay in a multiple of 256 or 1024. This is an old programming speed trick when you're doing many reads, wrights and displays.

Perfect for Skyrim with a noticeable difference in everything.

2. Remove all shadows ... I know, I know ... but the performance boost is well worth it. One asks for "shadow split count". That one can't be a zero.

Shadow resolutions can be set to 128. For the water go with 512.

3. 1366 x 768 is a magical resolution ... in any game. Looks great and yields x2+ the performance. You can hardly tell the difference over all in view.

These tricks will also let you use the high res package with ease. The little bit you may lose is fully made up for in that alone.

I did the number trick, and i removed, or reduced shadows (very specific shadows in the creation kit will still be cast for decoration purposes)

I did reduce the resolution on ALOT of things generated by the CK, such as shadows. I'll have to check to see if the CK has a native res that i can change

Them are for the game not the CK. Not sure any of that matters to the CK (guess I read that wrong). Anyways how did it go?
Also the 128 for shadow resolution is when you're not showing any. Look at my pictures on the [ Enchanted Ship In a Bottle (Player Home) ] ...

No shadows. Looks great. Also notice the last pic ... 59.8 FPS Bam! Them pics are on the highest resolution with the high res packs.
My game don't shudder at all ... anyplace ...

Fact is Skyrim is fun to play till you get in a huge fight especially with dragons ...
When you set things up like that you can really fight back. Changes the whole game.

Edited by NexusComa

Them are for the game not the CK. Not sure any of that matters to the CK (guess I read that wrong). Anyways how did it go?

Also the 128 for shadow resolution is when you're not showing any. Look at my pictures on the [ Enchanted Ship In a Bottle (Player Home) ] ...

No shadows. Looks great. Also notice the last pic ... 59.8 FPS Bam! Them pics are on the highest resolution with the high res packs.

My game don't shudder at all ... anyplace ...

Fact is Skyrim is fun to play till you get in a huge fight especially with dragons ...

When you set things up like that you can really fight back. Changes the whole game.

I've been using most of these fixes for about 2 years in the creation kit, just decided to upload them since there isnt really any support for the CK and they REALLY helped me in the past when i had an old 2000's desktop that couldnt even run skyrim above 15fps

All resolutions have already been cut in half in 256 512 1024 increments

I've disabled shadows being cast on players, trees, grass, and even made it so the CK wont load grass until you change it

The fixes are already finalized, you can find them at the link above, i cant find anything else about the CK that pisses me off or i'd still be updating it aha

I actually recall the ship in the bottle, great mod. Didnt get the attention that it deserved. While i've seen some people literally make the main picture on their mod a booty and got tens of thousands of downloads