Perk Menu Crashing; any hints?

RowanSkie

Well, it seems my previous problem of crashing in startup is fixed, turns out it was a broken mod. Now, after fixing another problem (CTD in magazines) I now have a new problem. My level up menu isn't working. Sort of. So I run everything else normal (except for Vault-Tec Rep's invisible head, might keep that), now when I open my level up menu, I crash a few seconds later. I have video evidence.

Here's my load order.

Here's the mods I have active in MO2.

I'm also asking around in DEF Mods discord, trying to see if anyone know what can happen. Someone else have also got it and fixed by moving priorities in Vortex, but I already have LevelUpMenuEx on the main priority.

EDIT: My problem is pinpointed towards the Gun Nut perk. Can someone help me about it? When I look over to it, I crash. I don't know if it's the SWF or the description.

Edited by RowanSkie

Immediate CTD upon inspecting something means Corrupted/Missing File(s), in this instance it is very likely caused by a Corrupted/Missing SWF file for the Gun Nut Perk,

either that or the mod is not being installed properly. (Which could be very likely due to using a Virtual Drive)

or could be an issue with communication between F4SE and the Virtual Drive.

Re-install the mod, and see if the problem persists.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the exact same issue as yours, i hope someone can help us to solve this issue.

I learned a lot more ever since I had this, and you should try the following:

1. Removing very large mods

2. Reinstalling every mod you have

3. Turn the broken perk's SWF into a loose file (this will just stack if you start to get more crashes by hovering over other perks)

I've been having this issue too. Which large mods did you remove?

I don't even have any perk mods, and uninstalled Def_UI!

Reinstalled every mod I have. No use, still crashing 80 percent of the time on the perk tree. No pattern - sometimes crashes in interiors, exteriors, within a settlement and out of a settlement.

I'm an experienced modder but this is really frustrating me.

I've been having this issue too. Which large mods did you remove?

I don't even have any perk mods, and uninstalled Def_UI!

Reinstalled every mod I have. No use, still crashing 80 percent of the time on the perk tree. No pattern - sometimes crashes in interiors, exteriors, within a settlement and out of a settlement.

I'm an experienced modder but this is really frustrating me.

I consider a mod to be large once it reaches past 500 MB in textures, plus there's features like a whole quest line, a game overhaul, or something close.

And more or less it comes down to a conflict between two mods, or a BA2/File/Script Limit.

It's more of on how the game reads its materials. What I think happens is that the script limit is affecting other parts of the game, like reading SWFs. You could fix this by fixing your virtual mods folder or reinstalling (re-verify) Fallout 4, and reset INIs.

• 7 months later...

je NE PEUX AIDER CAR J<AI COMMENCER AVOIR LE PROBLEME GO ON PERK CHART LE SYSTEME CRASH....

MAIS CELA SE PROPAGE DANS TOUS MES SAUVEGARDES ET MES PROFILS DE FALOUUT4....!

j<AI MEME RÉINSTALLER LE JEU COMPLET AVEV LES MODS TOUS COMMENCENT BIEN PAR LA SUITE 2 HEURES APRES CELA COMMENCER...

j<AI MEME ENLEVER LES SAUVEGARDES AU COMPLET ...... Aide

S’il vous plaît

Vortex

Ps

J>ai réinstallateur Buffout4 il y avais une erreur

sur F4se journal