Vortex not transferring save games

adventurer66

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but from what I've read it seems like Vortex, if you have Save Games enabled in Profiles, should swap out what saves you're using when you change Profiles. First question, is this correct?

If so, then my problem is that it's not doing that. My main Saves folder for Fallout New Vegas is empty besides Vortex's two save folders, and there are saves in each of those, but changing Profiles and deploying and such does nothing, and after launching the game, there are no saves.

What am I doing wrong or misinterpreting?

Edit: As a side note, I did not create one profile with Save Games; I edited it later. The other profile I did make with Save Games on.

Edited by adventurer66

Moving them to Vortex's save folders won't work? Because that's what I did, and I've played a bit after, and it still doesn't work.

Also, I forgot to say, I made one without saves, but the second I specifically made with saves, and that one isn't working either. I'll edit the first post and fix it.

Edited by adventurer66

Moving them to Vortex's save folders won't work? Because that's what I did, and I've played a bit after, and it still doesn't work.

Also, I forgot to say, I made one without saves, but the second I specifically made with saves, and that one isn't working either. I'll edit the first post and fix it.

The idea behind Profiles is to make a new profile, and start a new game with that profile

The problem stems from the Save System of Skyrim.

If you try and move an already made save to a profile, it's tagged under that name and makes it difficult for it to work with a profile, because it was made BEFORE the profile was made, and OUTSIDE of the profile.

At the risk of irritating anyone -

I have a base game profile for every game. Maybe 100 saves or so.

When I want to test a new mod or play path, I create a new profile with a meaningful name. Specify separate everything.

I switch to that profile and Deploy.

I then go to the Saves tab and click Import at the top.

I choose the profile I want to import saves from, the select the saves I want to copy. Copy, not move.

Do the Import, then on the save I want to play I use the dropdown that says Restore mods.

Finally, I Deploy again, and run Finis and Bodyslide as needed.

Run the game and it shows the Saves I imported - and only those saves.

I have been running like this for over two years, and it works perfectly. I have maybe 30 profiles total. Just Deploy before looking for results.

I made a new Profile with Saves turned on and started a new game to test it, and when I closed it, the saves were in the main Saves folder, not in the Profile's save folder.

Just in case it's different or doesn't work with this game, I'll restate that I'm doing this for Fallout: New Vegas. I'm also using CASM.

I made a new Profile with Saves turned on and started a new game to test it, and when I closed it, the saves were in the main Saves folder, not in the Profile's save folder.

Just in case it's different or doesn't work with this game, I'll restate that I'm doing this for Fallout: New Vegas. I'm also using CASM.

That's why