Vortex not transferring save games

adventurer66

Well fark you very much Vortex team. Because of your inept coding I have now lost well over 200 hours of playing FO4. I started a new profile, used the 'copy' drop-down command for the savegames that I wanted and, hey presto, it deleted ALL OF THEM.....

How about you stop spruking about how good Vortex is over the other mod managers and look at how badly you have coded/setup a simple copy command that can delete a players savegame IRRECOVERABLY!!!

In closing, WHAT A BUNCH OF JUVENILE MORONS! And you have the temerity to complain about how bad Bugthesda's coders are.... look in the mirror, YOU'RE THE SAME.

Well fark you very much Vortex team. Because of your inept coding I have now lost well over 200 hours of playing FO4. I started a new profile, used the 'copy' drop-down command for the savegames that I wanted and, hey presto, it deleted ALL OF THEM.....

How about you stop spruking about how good Vortex is over the other mod managers and look at how badly you have coded/setup a simple copy command that can delete a players savegame IRRECOVERABLY!!!

In closing, WHAT A BUNCH OF JUVENILE MORONS! And you have the temerity to complain about how bad Bugthesda's coders are.... look in the mirror, YOU'RE THE SAME.

Hey.

Why don't you look in your C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\Documents\My Games\Saves\ folder and check the folders that have weird names such as c4uNaKKsy or sbjqupPslP

I bet your saves are safe and sound, nice rant though.

Follow HadToRegister's advice and look in "My Games." I've used the same Vortex copy command that you did, and my saved games were always copied over to a save file with the same ID as the new profile. I've never lost a save using that method. I've been using Vortex for a year and a half.

This is not our usual new poster who signed up to Rant. He actually paid for Premium.

Usually, people who put money in are more careful about what they do. I guess this is the exception that proves the rule.

OP - do as HtR and Augusta advise. Vortex does not lose save games, temporarily or permanently.

If you come here looking for help, help is available. Not so much to abuse though.

So, I tested it with Fallout 4, and yes it works. So the problem is with Fallout:NV's CASM. Is there any known fix for it (I haven't been able to find one)?

No, because CASM is a savegame manager as well, so CASM is saving the game outside of Vortex's knowledge, so Vortex doesn't see that happening and is unable to manage the saves.

@HadToRegister and Augusta Calidia

Don't actually need to follow your advice as I'm not a complete technophobe, checked all folders/files pertaining to FO4 and Vortex, nada.

I used Stellar Data Recovery to hopefully find any traces, and again, nada, which means that Vortex did a complete WIPE and not just mark the files for deletion/to be overwritten.

So, oh knowledgeable guru's, do you have any more advice (apart from starting from scratch)?

Don't actually need to follow your advice as I'm not a complete technophobe, checked all folders/files pertaining to FO4 and Vortex, nada.

I used Stellar Data Recovery to hopefully find any traces, and again, nada, which means that Vortex did a complete WIPE and not just mark the files for deletion/to be overwritten.

So, oh knowledgeable guru's, do you have any more advice (apart from starting from scratch)?

Vague again I see.

For somebody that's "not a technophobe" you didn't even start your own forum thread, and instead hijacked someone else's.

That's something a technophobe would do.

What folders would those be exactly?

We can't do anything until you actually give us DETAILS, and not just vague and hostile responses, and if you're just here to complain, then please leave, because this is a support forum, not a Complaints Dept.

Vague again I see.

For somebody that's "not a technophobe" you didn't even start your own forum thread, and instead hijacked someone else's.

That's something a technophobe would do.

What folders would those be exactly?

We can't do anything until you actually give us DETAILS, and not just vague and hostile responses, and if you're just here to complain, then please leave, because this is a support forum, not a Complaints Dept.

Ummm, who's the technophobe? You do understand how SDR (Stellar Data Recovery) works, right? I did 2 recovery tasks, targetted (just directories used by FO4 and Vortex) and a generic task (all HDs) which took 5 hours to complete. Maybe you need to invest in some reading comprehension lessons to fully understand better what I reported?

And why start my own thread when this one is very close to what happened in my situation, did not transfer files (but also deleted them in this instance)? So why be redundant?

As for the 'hostile' replies, only returning the ethos in which you answered by original post/rant, but I will apologies for not taking to 'heart' your initial attempt to assist, which was, it seems, aimed at people who are not that 'comfortable' with doing their own research and utilising their own knowledge to fix/alleviate the problem that has arisen.

TL;DR - Re-read my post, then re-read yours and see why I think you need reading comprehension.

Cheers