7.1[10]

Saraa studied her triplet sister Marshal Shyla who had, along with her Ironsscouts, had suffered more trouble than had the Ironstroopers. Ironsscouts wore lighter, faster, more agile reconnaissance armapowersuits but they had suffered two deaths along with a number of injuries. Shadowites had attacked them as less common, more powerful, shadowspheres and more common, less powerful, shadowlings. No other true Shadowites had appeared this time; neither had enslaved shadowmen or ‘lumpy bumpy’ shadowclones.

Yet the two dead Ironsscouts had managed fully healthy quasiressurection, with the squad’s use of a supertech quasiressurector, which was linked to the tweenlife as detected, to some extent studied, during the Century Long War, the CLW. It had taken over 20 years to create the quasiressurection tech and many more decades to refine it but it was still problematic to use. Firstly it had to be used within 24 hours after death, after that being too dangerous to use, and secondly results were mixed though most were better, healthier.

Around them were prototype river patrol jetboats, heavily armoured-armed, that could prove useful if taken out of the display cases but so far it was necessary not to disturb anything because of the WarQueendom’s possible reactions to such actions. The Ironstroopers had found the cache, as promised by WarChiefie, only to realise that though it had a few useful items it also had a few 6packcanisters of BuzzCola; WarChiefie assured Saraa that this was most likely, probably, possibly just a coincidence.

Shyla shook her head. “At first we glimpsed shadowlings, as you describe them, but only in very small numbers and they seemed always to be rushing to get away from those lamps. Those areas we moved through, early on, had special UV lamps that went on when ever they appeared and sent them fleeing. In only one area did we suffer from a heavy ambush but it was where there were UV lamps but they had been sabotaged not to activate when special sensors picked up the presence of Shadowites and perhaps other kinds of unconventional threats. Was it actually meant for us? I have no answer to that. Yet we also got a warning of a not so subtle kind when a voice cried over public speakers saying ‘fall on your bellies and cover your bums’; it saved at least a few lives.”

During the CLW all four superpower centered alliances had invented different ways to gain access to other dimensional realms and two had tried to use this to recruit, or enslave, outworld entities. The other fourth side saw the foolishness in doing so but ended up forming alliances when contacted by outworld entities. Shadowites had been enslaved by the PanAxis centered GrandPaxis and recruited by the UNSPA centered WestAlliance while the NeoSovietUnion centered EurasianUnion had done both. The Havenlander centered FreeAlliance had formed alliances, with outworlders, but none of those had included the Shadowites.

Saraa sighed. “I may have a good idea who, what, gave you that warning being one WarChiefie sweetie.”

WarChiefSAI1: “It was me who valiantly gave that order as soon as I realised that Shyla and the Ironsscouts were in trouble but only after the PaleOneDad revealed himself to me as being a goody good type who fixed me up from being hacked into by some no good bad types who were up to no good type things and who told me some good things about Shyla and the Ironsscouts.”

Shyla smiled. “Thank you for helping us, WarChiefie sweetie. We shall wait here until our two healing comrades are ready to move.”

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.2[11]

WarChiefie. “Quite close to you is a cache that has second stage prototype, autorobotic completed armapowersuit type Roborobots; they are Robotroopers, Robobearers, Robopackers, Robomedics, Roboworkers, Roboscouters, Roboscouts and Robogunners. The the four Robobearers could carry the two healing Ironsscouts. There are lots of other goodies also including some that you might bring me, hint hint!”

Having taken in the subtle ‘hint hint’ the enlarged taskteam moved towards it, carrying the two healing Ironsscouts with them for it was normal that all lifeforms naturally regenerated health but at different rates. The two soldiers had been treated with medisticks full of regenerative enhancing serum.

They found the cache of Roborobots, along with related equipment-supplies, and also lots of BuzzCola, bobblehead collectables, toys and big colourful 3Dbooks for children; the last four type of items were somehow no surprise as a discovery except that there was a fifth one amongst them that was.

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

I am going through a major rechecking, sorting out and editing of this story topic but hope to add new episodes soon.