The Outer Worlds Mods?

Seifer911

Outer Worlds does not support mods.

Obsidian says that they want to add support for mods at some point, but they have not yet given a firm date for when (or if) this is going to happen.

Bethesda is doing their absolute best to completely get rid of their existing fan base and run their company completely into the ground. Obsidian has at least discussed mods and 3rd person options, so they do at least seem to understand what RPG players want.

Ten years from now, if Obsidian keeps going down this path, I can see them having an extremely active modding community. Bethesda, on the other hand, will have Elder Scrolls VIII and Fallout 6, both with a simplified single option for all conversations (no role playing whatsoever), loot boxes (called loot chests for Elder Scrolls so that Todd can announce that they don't have loot boxes), a $200 per year subscription just to play the stupid game (DLC costs extra, of course), pay mods only, and absolutely no customers whatsoever.

But we'll have to see. In order for Obsidian to have a modding community, they first have to modify their game to allow mods. We're not there yet.

I really like what I've seen of Outer Worlds so far, but until it gets mods and 3rd person, I'm not buying it.

Any game that removes "saving" as a difficutly option is just stupid... 90% of games are unstable buggy messes just means you get more screwed then normal if the game crashes or you have to reset because a quest or npc didnt activate correctly

Heh, the reason I want to get the game is because it DOESN'T have 3rd person.

3rd person is so sloppy to move around, because you have to take into account the run and stop animations, drives me absolutely nuts.

Currently playing the Witcher 3 and I have a hard time getting through a fence gate because I'm all over the place with all these running and stopping, and turning animations adding so much 'play' to getting around.
You can't just steer like a car in 1st person, it's like steering a car with brakes that work slowly so you shoot past where you're going.

1st person and 3rd person is kind of a funny thing. To some people, 1st person seems more realistic because the view is the same as looking out through your eyes. For others, 3rd person seems more realistic because you can see what is happening to your character, which you can't tell as much in 1st person because of the limitations of a computer interface. Or some people just prefer to see the character that they have created.

A good RPG will have both options so that either type of person can have the view they like.

I'm sure that even without a proper editor that there will be some modding of the game, but if you want a real modding community like what you have with FNV or Skyrim you really need a decent editor.

Also, "easy and intuitive" are two words that I would never use to describe the GECK. It's a miserable, buggy, unintuitive toolset. I tend to refer to it as a Vault-Tec experiment designed to test modder's frustration levels. Still, it gets the job done.

I mean, anybody computer-literate enough to download and install it will probably be able to figure out something as basic as making an enemy and placing objects in the world. It takes more than that to make a good mod, but it's more than enough for a *functional* mod.

I went from knowing next to nothing to making Five Aces in less than a year.

(The scripting was/is amateurish, but it didn't take me much longer after that to realize just *how* amateurish it was and how it could have been done considerably better.)

On the subject of camera views: I don't really get the appeal of third person for games like this. 1st person is simply more practical for interacting with the world. Something that isn't quite as necessary in noteworthy 3rd Person games like Mass Effect.

A character viewer is a nice feature (and TOW actually has one if you idle long enough) but when I'm actually playing the game, 1stP all the way.

I'd be happy with something like Skyrim where you can zoom in 1st person, or you can zoom out 3rd person.

That way, EVERYBODY is happy.

Problem for me in 3rd person, like the Witcher 3, I can't even get through a fence gate without have to move back and forth and getting stuck on something
I HATE that your character runs by default, because if you try and stop at a doorway, thanks to the 3rd person animation, you end up sliding past it, all for the visual aesthetics and 'realism'

Controlling 3rd person is just so 'mushy' for me