100% psi gifted soldiers

xxxaint

Make the psi-lab into a psi training school instead of a ten day testing session. Every soldier added to the psi-lab will produce gifted soldiers.

Also how are you making mods without an editor? I'd love to make this mod myself but I wouldn't know where to start.

Go to Mod Talk -> Finding the First Step.

In the interim, you can change the Soldier template in DefaultGameCore.ini (embedded in the EXE).

(iType=eChar_Soldier,HP=5,Offense=65,Defense=0,Mobility=12,SightRadius=27,Will=40,Psionics=30,CritHitChance=0,CritWoundChance=0,FlightFuel=0,Reaction=0,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_TakeCover,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[6]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[7]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eCP_CanGainXP,Properties[1]=eCP_None,Properties[2]=eCP_None,Properties[3]=eCP_None,Properties[4]=eCP_None,Properties[5]=eCP_None,bCanUse_eTraversal_Normal=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOver=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbOnto=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_ClimbLadder=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_DropDown=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_Grapple=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_Landing=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWindow=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_KickDoor=True,bCanUse_eTraversal_JumpUp=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_WallClimb=False,bCanUse_eTraversal_BreakWall=False,eClass=eSC_None,bHasPsiGift=False)

Change the final clause to True & start a new game/hire new soldiers.

Okay, I've managed to do this but is "start a new game/hire new soldiers" necessary? I think I've editted the .ini file properly but I'm still not getting proper results. Do I really have to start a new game?

The ini settings are only referenced when "new" soldiers are generated. Once soldiers are generated, then they "exist" as separate entities within your save game file. Think of the .ini settings like a cookie cutter... your existing soldiers were already cut with the previous cookie cutter/settings.

there is another way if you already have a game started!

instead of changing the character lines, look for these lines:

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=2

PSI_TEST_LIMIT=4

PSI_TRAINING_HOURS=24

PSI_NUM_TRAINING_SLOTS=4

and change those.

setting psi_gift_chance to 1 will pretty much guarantee your soldiers test positive (has about a 1% chance to fail)

you can set the training hours lower (notice I already have) to speed up the process, and even add another slot to your training facility (any more get cut off by the display window).

thus, your soldiers won't start with psi, but they WILL get it once you get to the point where you can build the psi facility.

Alright... thanks for that mate.

I did some changes though:

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=0.1 <<<< gives 100% psi chance (1 just isn't enough for 100%)

PSI_TEST_LIMIT=5 <<<< left at default (played around with the value, no idea what it does)

PSI_TRAINING_HOURS=240 <<<< left at default for the sake of RP

PSI_NUM_TRAINING_SLOTS=3 <<<< increasing this to anything higher than 3 presents UI problems

Alright... thanks for that mate.

I did some changes though:

PSI_GIFT_CHANCE=0.1 <<<< gives 100% psi chance (1 just isn't enough for 100%)

PSI_TEST_LIMIT=5 <<<< left at default (played around with the value, no idea what it does)

PSI_TRAINING_HOURS=240 <<<< left at default for the sake of RP

PSI_NUM_TRAINING_SLOTS=3 <<<< increasing this to anything higher than 3 presents UI problems

4 still works for slots, it's just cut off a bit at the bottom, but still selectable.

"left at default for the sake of RP"

LOL

btw, I went ahead and made a mod of it, with various values, and posted it on the mod site.