From L3DT to Skyrim: Heightmap Tutorial

iakamil

I have a question; how do you follow this tutorial with a pre-made heightmap? Because I'm attempting to use a mall part of this Tamriel worldmap (in PNG format) on the Nexus, but I have no clue how to read it, how to use it, etc.

Just want to add my thanks for making this tutorial. My first worldspace was a bit flat. But once I began to understand how L3DT does what it does, it was no trouble to make some adjustments and get the hilly terrain I'm looking for. The magic lies in the altitude setting for creating hills and valleys.

• 1 year later...

What is the biggest size i can import without running into problems with the Creation Kit? And does the horizontal scale need to be 1.8288221359252928?

Why that specific scale?

also, I tryed to import a map with the resolution 8192x8192 and the scale on 1.8288221359252928, HF/DM was on 16 and i have done exactly as you did in your tutorial. I endet up with a bunch of flying pieces of terrain. Just peaks and not at all like map was. I would gladly welcome all advice! My goal is to make a map that is just as bis as skyrim is. Maybe a bit bigger...

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Ilard

• 5 weeks later...

i know this is a old topic but where do i find the size of my hightmap and where is the area where it says "-x -16 -y -16"

30. Open Notepad and paste the following into it "tesannwyn -i Skyrim -w WorldspaceName -p 1 -b 16 -d 1024x1024 -h -8192 -x -16 -y -16 HeightmapName.raw" (without the quotes of course). In the place where it says "WorldspaceName" put in the name of the worldspace you are creating. Where it says "HeightmapName" put in the name of the RAW file you exported form L3DT. Where it says 1024x1024, change that to the size that your heightmap is. (The heightmap I created was 1024x1024 so I used that). In the area where it says "-x -16 -y -16" you need to take the size of your heightmap and divide it by negative 64 and put those values after the "-x" and the "-y". Since my heigtmap was 1024x1024, my values are 1024/-64= -16

i know this is a old topic but where do i find the size of my hightmap and where is the area where it says "-x -16 -y -16"

30. Open Notepad and paste the following into it "tesannwyn -i Skyrim -w WorldspaceName -p 1 -b 16 -d 1024x1024 -h -8192 -x -16 -y -16 HeightmapName.raw" (without the quotes of course). In the place where it says "WorldspaceName" put in the name of the worldspace you are creating. Where it says "HeightmapName" put in the name of the RAW file you exported form L3DT. Where it says 1024x1024, change that to the size that your heightmap is. (The heightmap I created was 1024x1024 so I used that). In the area where it says "-x -16 -y -16" you need to take the size of your heightmap and divide it by negative 64 and put those values after the "-x" and the "-y". Since my heigtmap was 1024x1024, my values are 1024/-64= -16

• 11 months later...