382 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186,417 posts
Supernova Patch

Optionally Patches Saving anywhere, Fast Travel anywhere, and forces a particular difficulty

rubyruby0

rubyruby0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks very much

Spellshade

Spellshade

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 141 posts
Very nice, thank you.

ArsenicTouch

ArsenicTouch

CHAOS!

• Premium Member
  • 694 posts
If you could find a way to disable companion death, this would be perfect for me.

I want all the difficulty of supernova, minus the death and saving issue.

Sleepytime

Sleepytime

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,404 posts
so excited to see you are making goodies for this game, thank you for sharing with us

:)

SpongiePeanut

SpongiePeanut

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
In response to post #74423013.

Spoiler

I would also love for the Companion Death to be gone, also the ability to use beds within the world to sleep at.

expired6978

expired6978

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,033 posts
In response to post #74423013. #74424513 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Beds seemed to be part of the Save Anywhere patch so it's technically included, I noticed it earlier as I was seeing sleep prompts in regular beds.

Haven't looked to bypass companion deaths, I've just been saving more often as a workaround.

Edited by expired6978, 27 October 2019 - 01:26 AM.

Maeywin

Maeywin

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Just a note: for the Windows Store version of the game, no files can be copied to the game's installation folder (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_1.0.369.0_x64__hv3d7yfbgr2rp) because it's located within the WindowsApps folder and that's probably one of the most heavily protected Windows folders.
Even if it says your account has full control over the folder, it still won't let you copy files into it, edit anything in it, or create any new files. Not sure if there'll ever be a workaround prior to Obsidian officially launching mod support. Even then, I'm not sure if they'd be able to have mod support for the Microsoft Store version due to its installation location. It'd have to change somehow.
Anyway, you asked for people to update you on whether it works for the Windows Store version and no, it does not sadly ;_;

SpongiePeanut

SpongiePeanut

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
In response to post #74423013. #74424513, #74424573 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Oh! Nice! I'll also use the saving as a work around for now. I hope it can be bypassed..

Thanks for the response!

udk115modder

udk115modder

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Any chance that it's possible to modify the damage modifiers, like say, have the player do story amounts of damage to enemies, but the enemies do the supernova damage to players? I adore the idea of even harder combat, but loathe the idea of it coming from the enemies just being bullet sponges. I want to be quick on my feet, not shoot each other standing there waiting until someone falls over.

Edited by udk115modder, 27 October 2019 - 01:48 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.035 seconds