Mission Testing

pasmon79

I was testing some modification to missions in breakdown. For this i restricted all the sandbox generic enclaves to a single mission. It worked for Combat Type and rescuepanicked but failed to generate any mission for rescue_suicidetwisted(searched) and encInfesattion along with its variants,

I have a single enclave(friendly, not joining) in the region having construction place, behind my homebase at syndertrucking, which is fortified with outposts in the surrounding region.

What is restricting these missions?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No available building, probably. For the encRescue_SuicideTwist:

See SetupFlags= TargetPosInBuildingNear and the Building definitions under Actors.

They have several variations available, but the farthest it can be from the enclave home is SearchRangeMax="200" and of those buildings in range it can't be any of BuildingFlagsMask="Outpost, Enclave, Infestation, MissionOp"

After those are accounted for, it would fall to specific actor character requirements, or the equivalent requirements from the called scenes.

Also, keep in mind that the missions generally point to a MissionFrameworkBucket name, not the specific individual missions inside them.

Well i have noted that all the mission related to "encRescue" except "_panicked" (which actually works) requires at the least two survivors(belonging to a Random Enclave) to be missing, which was perhaps not the case of my game. I edited out "meta missing" and voila i was finally able to test my mission modifications for "encRescue".

Edited by pasmon79

• 4 months later...

Actor Index. It refers to the Actors section, first listed is 0, then 1, 2, 3, and so on.

<Actors>
<Enclave ActorFlags="MissionEnclave" ActorName="" EnclaveStat="" HideWarnings="" Optional="" />
<Building ActorFlags="" ActorName="" BuildingFlagsMask="" BuildingFlagsQuery="" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="0" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="700.0" SearchRangeMin="250" SiteTag="" />
<Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Voice.Playable, !Trait.Immune.NonStoryContent" FunctionTags="Npc" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
<Player HideWarnings="" Optional="" />
</Actors>

In this case NearActorIdx="0" refers to the Enclave entry, so the defined building will be within a range of 250-700 from the enclave.

Edited by qmjs

Typically that is a mission without a specific location specified, as in anything that qualifies, like the finding a new homesite.

For the infestaions

<Infestation ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="-1" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="250.0" SearchRangeMin="0.0" />

Essentially, not tied to other restrictions, find or create one within 250 range of the player at the mission initialization.

What does this line

<Enclave_StatAdd DurationCancellable="" EnclaveIndex="3" OutputAmount="1" OutputDuration="" OutputStat="DailyMissionOpCount"
PauseWhenOffline="" />

implies in relation to code

<Actors>
          <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Voice.Playable, !Trait.Immune.NonStoryContent" FunctionTags="Npc" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />
          <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Voice.Playable, !Trait.Immune.NonStoryContent" FunctionTags="Npc" HideWarnings="" Optional="True" TargetEnclave="" />
          <Infestation ActorFlags="FindOrSpawn" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="-1" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="250.0" SearchRangeMin="0.0" />
          <Enclave ActorFlags="MissionEnclave" ActorName="" EnclaveStat="" HideWarnings="" Optional="" />
          <Player HideWarnings="" Optional="" />
          <Building ActorFlags="Closest" ActorName="" BuildingFlagsMask="" BuildingFlagsQuery="" HideWarnings="" NearActorIdx="2" Optional="" SearchRangeMax="0" SearchRangeMin="50" SiteTag="" />
        </Actors>