Mission Testing

pasmon79

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are multiple reasons it can be aborted, from timeouts, leaving the mission area, death of key npcs. Essentially, any mission failure, even those with other specific fail events, will generally run the actions under the aborted tag.

Most are simply a morale penalty, but there are a few that have other specific actions.

You have mentioned "time-outs" but that is handled by "optimeout", "a simpredictor of failure and success" too(is not it), so

does it imply that "<Mission_AbortMission />" executed at the end of optimeout leads to <MissionEvent Id="Aborted">

eventually as i make some sense of it.

Edited by pasmon79

There are multiple timeouts possible.

<Mission_AbortMission /> is generally used in relation to a mission failure, as in a rescue where the survivor is killed.

OpportunityTimeout is how long the mission remains available after it is presented.

Some timers are presented as:

<TimedEvents>
<TimedEvent Timer="180">

Internal mission times are usually presented as mission events like <MissionEvent Id="OpTimeoutWarningFirst"> and often progress towards <MissionEvent Id="OpTimeout">, but OpTimeout is not the same as OpportunityTimeout

Any abort condition leads to MissionEvent Id="Aborted"

Well from my in-game observation that if i do not visit the mission enclave say to save a neighbor or to hunt freak for , it will expire

after sometime with a message listed in "OptTimeout" pop-out always in the log syncing with the "activity_Timeout_MissionOP"

message. It means the "MissionOpTimeout" is executed after every time a mission is not attended and is expired.

Edited by pasmon79

Thanks , i have noticed that Cleo mission comes with zero OpportunityTime(Why zero?) and has no "OptTimeout" and its "Mission Abort tag" is executed exactly as you have revealed.

I will have to do some experimenting with "OPtTimeout" to really understand its tiggering mechanism.