Mission Testing

pasmon79

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the first mission listed is most common, the second is a liitle less, and when there are a lot, the bottom few may almost never be seen. I have never found a mechanism which shows the chances of each, but I suspect it is similar to the issue with the search lists.

Each one appears to be checked, starting with the top, and the chance is relatively high, so the chance that it fails and moves to the next mission is low, and rarely gets past the third one.

In Mission Type.comAway, common missions at savini residence(mood repairing and hunt missions) are at the bottom, whereas rare(rescue-ally missions) are at the top. But it runs a lot of time i.e. after 6 minutes. So if a mission is run several times then all of its sub-missions will eventually appear.

That is because those most of those have timers (or other required variables) that make them ineligible. They still start at the top, but if the top few are ineligible due to the blackout timers or other timer variables (such as

<RTSStat_SetBool DurationCancellable="" OutputAmount="true" OutputDuration="25m" OutputId="Status.RecentMission.comSlay" PauseWhenOffline="True" />), then they will be skipped.

However, for other mission types it is not so simple.

MissionFrameworkBucket FragmentFile="" Label="encInfestation" has only three... so they do occasionally make it to the third.

MissionFrameworkBucket FragmentFile="" Label="encRescue" has six, and the last few are quite rare.

Well, if one looks closely, one can find that only the last missions, hunting and discord type have timers that delay them to 1h. Top of the list missions have timer defined in "rtsdata" but not used.

So to my understanding they are all equally probable.

Some defined in "EncRescue" do not get execute because they require a missing enclave member which is rarely the case(I discovered this during our initial discussions of this post).

Edited by pasmon79

The encRescue missions will never be called unless there is a missing survivor (see enclaves, ActionId="RecoveryMission(MissingPerson)"), so the trait has no bearing upon which mission is called... the bucket is never called without someone with the trait Trait.Meta.Missing.

If they had an equal chance of appearing, from comAway you would get as many survey missions as zombie hunts, and within the zombie hunts you would see an equal number of missions for bloaters as swat and juggernauts. There is also the priority value, where zombie hunts have a higher priority than the others in that bucket.

The clearest example is comRecover. If they all had the same chance to execute, you would have an equal number of standard rescues, suicides, and missions where you must get a vehicle to take them home.

The rtsdata values are Mission.Type.comAway (comRecover, etc.), and they are not timers. They are counters used in rtsevents to control how many of each type can be active at one time.

There is a "Priority" value assigned in the "Missions Headings <Action", but they are high for hunt missions only(same for eevry freaktype) and zero for everything else.

Then there is "SimBase Difficulty" and "SimBase Danger", which is high for everything else(understandable as mission outside should always be triggered at high danger level) except for "Home training missions"(should be at calm level).

There is a lot of mission static during game-play. I often get loose interest in this game because of that. The game-static is really due to "cooldown timer" and "EnemyChallengeLevel" as i understood.

Edited by pasmon79

Yes, the priority value makes those missions more likely to occur. That is exactly what I said... "There is also the priority value, where zombie hunts have a higher priority than the others in that bucket."

The Simbase values are only used when a mission runs the simulation after not being started by the player after the opportunity timeout. While present in every mission, they are not always used. The MissionFramework headers have to include every value type to prevent loading errors, even when not needed for the mission type.

The different missions in each missionbucket are chosen after the mission type is assigned, mostly in enclaves, with a few in rtsevents. Missions itself has no relevancy to when a mission appears, only which specific one is used after it is called to appear elsewhere.

:cool: "The Simbase values are only used when a mission runs the simulation after not being started by the player after the opportunity timeout."

This answers my question related to "When and How does MissionOptTimeout occur after opportunity timeout?"(Thanks)

How does lowering the values of "SimBaseDanger" affect (Complete, Fail, Hurt and Flee) in MissionOptTimeout?

Edited by pasmon79