Mission Testing

pasmon79

There are only three values used by each.

SimBaseDanger="0.0"
SimBaseDanger="10"
SimBaseDanger="50"
SimBaseDifficulty="0.0"
SimBaseDifficulty="100"
SimBaseDifficulty="50"

Difficulty 100 are infestation missions, presumably hard because of the numbers of zombies that should be present.

Difficulty 0 are missions generally without any zombie-killing goals.

Most are 50, the default.

Similar reasoning applies to the danger field, 0 being essentially no added danger, 50 being standard. The single incidence of SimBaseDanger="10" appears to be a mistake.

I don't know if the simulation specifically looks for those values, or if altering them would change the results. If it looks for specific values, I would expect that others would be unused and would end up as the default.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the standard timeout action.

<MissionEvent Id="OpTimeout">
<Action ActionFlags="" ActionId="AbortSurvey"

Remember, ActionIDs themselves are just labels, and don't affect the activity itself. They could be anything, and are mainly just organizational so the programmer can find things.

Edited by qmjs

No idea, I haven't unpacked the original since 2015.

Many of the missions use identical modules for some parts. It is likely that one mission was used as a template for coding the others, rather than repeat all of the work for each mission. A few have renamed actionids, likely for the purpose of finding them easily, as noted before.

Perhaps, but otherwise it basically removes surveying from the game. The map is always the same, so there really isn't any reason to survey anything after ou have played the game once or twice.

A survey helps to plan safest route towards a marked location avoiding ferals, juggernauts or hordes.

This is the beauty of this game, same map can be used several times for different style and no matter how perfect oneâs valuable character can be lost to an unpredictable mix of hordes/freaks.

Edited by pasmon79