[LE] [Workaround] Skyrim Dialogue Bug Fix

Arthmoor

Updated the OP for this as it was written before TES5Edit could do these.

Yes, this is still necessary. It's not a bug that we need them. They're required for start-enabled quests to function properly in the same way facegen files have to be exported for NPCs to look right.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi,

would I need to generate a SEQ file for a simple dialogue replacer too? Custom .fuz files do not load in game apparently, not the way textures or meshes do, is that normal?

Thanks to whomever can help me :)

• 4 months later...

Can someone please tell me how to generate a .SEQ file in TES5Edit? I looked everywhere in the program and can't find anything related to it. (I figured it out, I was looking around the program too fast)

Once it is loaded, right click on your mod and look at the bottom of the list for "Other."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Does this method work for mods where subtitles are visible, but audio doesn't play? I understand that yes some mods simply don't have voice acting, why anyone would not have voice acting is beyond me. But I've always that in order to have subtitles, there has to be voice-acting. Am I wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, not everyone has access to voice actors. It's not quite as easy as it seems.

No, this won't really impact whether or not the line is voiced. Forcing subtitles has to be fixed another way since the "force subtitle" checkbox in the CK actually doesn't work in the game unless you're using Fuz Ro D'oh.

• 2 months later...

Well, not everyone has access to voice actors. It's not quite as easy as it seems.

No, this won't really impact whether or not the line is voiced. Forcing subtitles has to be fixed another way since the "force subtitle" checkbox in the CK actually doesn't work in the game unless you're using Fuz Ro D'oh.

And even if you can get VAs, the question is: are they low quality? And if so, do you REALLY want to have low quality voiced NPCs over silent ones?

Hello, and thank you in advance for reading my post.

I have had great success with implementing voice files created with third party software into the CK, but I am having another problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with.

I completed "Bendu Olo's Only Hope", and the "Packages" Tutorials. Everything runs like clockwork, but one thing that bugs me is that when I start the game to check on Bendu, I "coc" to MixwaterMillWorkersHouse. When I walk near him, he is barking out vanilla nord dialogue. This is only fixed (in my case) by saving and re-booting the game, at which time Bendu is acting like himself with his custom voiced lines.

I tried a couple of things to try to solve this after getting advice from some elders here.

I created a .seq file for the .esp.

I tried starting a game with "Random Alternate Start" (an amazing mod by the way), creating a character, then using "coc" to get to Mixwater Mill.

No matter what I have tried, when I first meet Bendu, I must save and re-boot before he acts normally - or before I can even interact in conversation with him and start the quest!

Any help or a solution would be appreciated - thanks for your time.

StackEmHigh