[LE] [Workaround] Skyrim Dialogue Bug Fix

Arthmoor

Could someone give me -- or direct me to -- the details about what these dialogue issues are? I've been working on a fully voiced quest since the OP was made, and I haven't noticed any real problems with dialogue. Our quest is OnStartEnabled and I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing in case we run into issues later on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone give me -- or direct me to -- the details about what these dialogue issues are? I've been working on a fully voiced quest since the OP was made, and I haven't noticed any real problems with dialogue. Our quest is OnStartEnabled and I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing in case we run into issues later on.

Pieces or all of Dialogue won't play.

If you are like me and did your first questmod entirely via "player dialogue" and did not touch "dialogue views" at all then you won't have those issues.

I tried to do this - but you can't create new branches or views in player dialogue as far as I'm aware. You have to create the branches and views in dislogue views first.

If you are like me and did your first questmod entirely via "player dialogue" and did not touch "dialogue views" at all then you won't have those issues.

I tried to do this - but you can't create new branches or views in player dialogue as far as I'm aware. You have to create the branches and views in dislogue views first.

Nope, been using Dialogue Views the entirety of the past 3 years and still have had no issues -- the dialogue won't play if you don't load a dirty save with the mod installed though.

Nope, been using Dialogue Views the entirety of the past 3 years and still have had no issues -- the dialogue won't play if you don't load a dirty save with the mod installed though.

I recommend generating an SEQ just in case. You might not run into issues, but others may.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Long time, but an important issue came up:

This process will NOT work to fix a vanilla quest your mod changes to start game enabled! Your dialogue will continue to remain broken in this case.

After several reports about this for Cutting Room Floor, I ran into the issue with a brand new character who had never seen the content before. Sure enough, about half the dialogue lines failed to play. It seems the game will ignore any SEQ file generated for vanilla content in a mod. So if you change a vanilla quest to run when the game starts, expect any dialogue in it that didn't exist before to simply break, and thus make you go bald trying to figure out why.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This may actually be the fix I was looking for to solve the Quest Dialogue problem of the dialogue not firing when I talk to the Quest Giver.

If it works, Arthmoor shall be counted among the Divine Gods of Modding. Right up there with Talos and Darkfox 127