[LE] [Workaround] Skyrim Dialogue Bug Fix

Arthmoor

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what I do, this just isn't working for me. I've tested it so many times on clean saves, and nothing happens. I've tried disabling the "Start Game Enabled" feature and tried to use the "setstage" and "start" functions, only to have the quest be stuck at stage 0, even if I try to change it in game with the console. Has anyone else had this issue?

Never mind - it was an issue with quest aliases not being filled. If anyone else has this issue, make sure all of the aliases in your quest can fill properly.

Edited by Roadhouse699

• 2 months later...

I created a follower mod with a quest to save her first. The tutorials for the Creation Kit had warned me about this issue and directed me to several locations to discover this technique to make it work. Ok, the first time doing this and I made some mistakes getting it to work but eventually got the thing to working once I figured out the whole seq file system. It has worked like a charm ever since. Here is my issue. Eventually, I want to create mods that provide accompanying quests in the future to upload and share, but this same mod that works marvelous for me, does not even start the quest after completing the dialogue with the quest giver when I shared it with someone to test out. I included the seq files. So what would be the issue with that? This process worked great in getting my mod to work for me, but sharing the mod with others and it doesn't work. The dialogue is there with the quest giver but it never initiates the quest.

I created a follower mod with a quest to save her first. The tutorials for the Creation Kit had warned me about this issue and directed me to several locations to discover this technique to make it work. Ok, the first time doing this and I made some mistakes getting it to work but eventually got the thing to working once I figured out the whole seq file system. It has worked like a charm ever since. Here is my issue. Eventually, I want to create mods that provide accompanying quests in the future to upload and share, but this same mod that works marvelous for me, does not even start the quest after completing the dialogue with the quest giver when I shared it with someone to test out. I included the seq files. So what would be the issue with that? This process worked great in getting my mod to work for me, but sharing the mod with others and it doesn't work. The dialogue is there with the quest giver but it never initiates the quest.Â

Did you include giving your tester the scripts for your mod?

• 1 year later...

what's weird is i wasnt using seq files and my mods worked no problem... i could load my mod, save my game then load the save game and dialogue works even without seq files... they say it is necessary but that has not been my experience. i can delete the seq files i generated for my mod and my mod's dialogue will show no problem when i load on a clean save. I dont get the point of seq.

It is necessary if your quest is flagged to start the game enabled and it has NEW dialogue lines in it. If all it does is alter existing ones or the quest is started in some other way (trigger box, story manager, NPC dialogue script, etc) then you don't need the SEQ file.

• 4 months later...

You seems good in dialogue creation. I am creating my third quest that start with talking to ysolda. But I made all things right, when i talk to her the dialogue dont apear. I recorded all the audio, made all dialogues, getis id of the right actor ... I do not figure out what is going wrong.

Someone knows how to fix it ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok maybe someone can help me. I used the X edit methode and It said that it create the seq file. I read it should be in the Data Folder of my Skyrim but there are no SEQ Folder? I searched my whole PC after this File and nothing...... I am using Mod Organizer 2

IIRC all the seq files are found in Skyrim/Data/Seq.