Register Unique Modding IDs

MrEmjeR

Use this thread to claim unique modding ID numbers for your mods.

Because the modding system in KCD uses numbers to ID different database entries of new dialogs and assets, I thought it handy to have a thread where people can list the ID's they like to use for their mods to prevent clashes with others. People can then use this list to see what is not yet been used, or talk about clashes they discovered between mods. I'll try to update this top post regularly with new ID's posted in this thread (maybe some mods could help as wel)

If you need information about what to do with the ID's and how to use them in the Database, here is a link to Warhorse Studios original post https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Setting_up_Database

You don't need an ID if your mod does not use the database!

The lowest ID number for this list is 10,000 (ten thousand) and registers go with an increase of 1000. Which means you'll get the ID You claim up until ___999 of that thousand part. So for every claim you get a thousand unique IDs.

Example:

You claim ID 102000.

Then you can to use ID number 102000 to 102999 without clashing.

To claim state the following in a post:

• Your personal modder alias or team name
  • The ID you'd like to claim
  • Optional: one or more names for mods

List of claimed IDs

• [111000] - MrEmjeR - Realistic Blacksmiths
  • [112000] - OttoSlingblade - Dumb Ones
  • [113000] - TheGuitarDrake - TBA
  • [114000] - Draakvanhetzuide - TBA
  • [126000] - EthanBrossard - Probably item mods, maybe others
  • [133000] - xXD4rkSc0p3zXx - Adding detail objects to game world like new npcs and houses
  • [175000] - MationPlays - New maps
  • [1995000] - lord_jex - New maps
Edited by MrEmjeR

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am very sorry about this, but with modding tools version 2 we had to change the way the autoincrements work. Instead of global ID offset, they now use local offset against the highest ID in original game files(=mod author chooses offset, all autoincrements are offset by that value). There were two reasons to do this:

* the original offset recommendation was too low, some tables start at 150k

* some tables are backed by arrays in game. using excessively high IDs will allocate a lot of memory that would never be used

If you have already started filling your databases, i do apologise, but you will probably need to convert to these new IDs. There will be no further changes to this system in the future.