How to give armor mod a negative rating modifier?

amokrun1

Still working on a power armor mod where I want to apply a certain type of armor to the PA that boosts energy resistance at the expense of a lower armor rating. How I am approaching it is creating the OMOD to remove a value instead of adding one to the default armor rating, but it seems I cannot enter a negative value here(using ADD with a negative value). I can understand how it could be problematic for item armor ratings to drop below zero, but I just want to reduce the value by a relatively small amount, so that for example the torso piece's rating would go from 200 to 150 with the installation of the plating in question.

And I know I can create a set value to make the armor rating into whatever I want, but this would make all tiers of power armor that reference this plating(which is all of them in this case) have the same armor rating with installation of the modification. Does someone know how to reduce the armor rating in this manner?

I can reduce an armor rating with Lazy Tools, so clearly it's something that *can be done.

a negative value may not be valid, but afaik one could subtract a positive amount, no?

(EX: 165 - 80)

or another way might be (in javascript pseudo code, since I'm working with javascript right now for my work work)

var currentRating; var fractionalReductionFactor; var newArmorRating;

currentRating = armorRating(some_player_armor_type);

fractionalReductionFactor = 0.5;

newArmorRating = currentRating x fractionalReductionFactor;

where armorRating() is some function that gets the armor rating for an inputted armor name/code/id

Im not sure if its possible to subtract a rating directly but you could try some of these options:

My main idea would be to use this DamageResist "Damage Resistance" [AVIF:000002E3]

FormID,Int

ADD

ActorValues

DamageResist "Damage Resistance" [AVIF:000002E3]

-10.00000 or whatever number you want

That formula will reduce damage resistance by 10 I think (Don't quote me on the 10 part)

Also method 2:

INT

SET

Value:

So if the piece was 280 and you want your mod to subtract 20 make it 260.

You could also test out this method though Im unsure the difference between dtphysical and the armor rating

FormID,Int

ADD

dtPhysical

*negative number placeholder*

Or perhaps a strength penalty is an option? Best bet would be to use my first option and go from there