Mod Request - Far Start Distance

fienyx

Remember when we first got survival and permadeath, and you could end up with a 15 - 20 min walk to your ship? I miss that. Can anyone make that a mod? It seems that now you start within 600u of where your ship and beacon are. I started a permadeath play, and was gifted with 3 sodium plants right near me, and had found my ship while gathering the ferrite dust to fix my scanner. Was a bit disappointed at the super easy permadeath start.

Edited by fienyx

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to do this - i think ive found what to change by accident when looking into a mod update for something different . Is the start distance within 600 ( im assuming the 600 is the max range ) and if so what sort of range are you after ?

If i do this then its possible ...

the min start distance and max start distance would need to be increased - going by the 600u you stated i would need to set a min value and a max value and the min would have to be a high value as im guessing the game takes a random value between the 2 and if start is too low you always run the chance of it being very close even if max was set to say 1000u.

Also im assuming the changes would also affect all the modes rather than just 1 but shouldnt be a problem .

Let me know what ranges you are after - a min range and a max range and we can try from there - might even be able to do a few versions of the mod with several ranges available if it works .

Oh also bare in mind im new to modding and i dont do survival or permadeath so i may need a tester if you are up for that ?

• 1 month later...