Yangtze Cleanup

wakachukie

Help! New GECK User :confused:

I am trying to get rid of that grime / rust layer. Cannot locate in objects, lights, or terrain; and I cannot left or right click on it in the render window. I tried add in a 'clean' section, but the rust was auto-applied to the new object, and moved separately over when I dragged the object like it was a shadow or something. Help?

I highlighted example sections from the base game.

Any tips or tricks would be most appreciated.

Edited by wakachukie

Do you mean the "rust layer" on the outside or are you talking about the interior?

Funny that you want to do that ...

The first thing that I did to try to learn how to use the Fallout 4 CK was to make a player home out of the interior of that weird submarine. (The crazy shape of the exterior hull still does not make any sense to me ... )

If you are talking about the interior:

Open the interior cell in the render window and press M. That will make all the markers visible.

If you go to View -> Layers a little window will open. With that you can make the different layers visible / invisible.

Make all the layers visible there.

Anyway, the rust "effects" look like blue arrows in the render window. If you remove those, the rust effects should go away.

Just try to delete some of them, go in the game and see how it looks.

I hope I could help ...

EDIT:

If you are really really new to the CreationKit, all of this will probably not help. Just look up some tutorials on YouTube or something to learn the absolue basics, like how to move the view around, how to place / move objects ...

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

Interior :ohmy: :laugh:

All layers were already visible.

I looked around and did not see any of those "blue arrows" you mentioned.

I did see 4 green spheres with Editor ID & script "CameraAttachDustBig" - they are Type Activator... are those what you mean?

Screenshot%202019-11-02%2018.18.02.png?d

(You still have that .esp?.....)

I can't seem to view your screenshot, but it does not sound like the right thing. Those markers that you described are used to add effects to the "camera" when going through them.

You can just make those invisible, by clicking on them and pressing the button 1 on your keyboard. They shold be invisible then. That does not make them incisible in the game, just in the render window.

Working with interior cells can be hard with all the "effects" and markers in the way.

Ok, in the screenshot you see those white boxes? You can also make them invisible. They are for the lighting in the interior. If you want to edit the interior they will just get in the way ...

(No, but I could remake it, if you want. That would only take a few hours, not much time. But it is better and more satisfying if you learn to do it yourself)

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

Yes, I double-checked my Layers window against yours - all eyes are visible. I tried turning them off and on again to force refresh, no bueno. I also am going through the Visibility menu as we speak....